Did anyone have any goods days on the Merrimack for bass this year? Particularly in the Lawrence area... Fished above and below the damn. Caught a lot of 1-1/2 pound smallies below and a schoolie and one largie and a pair of 2.5 lb smallies above damn but that was it.. Looks really promising but the structure and weeded coves didn't prevail like I thought they would.. Any comments are appreciated!

Posted Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:17 pm

Horrible season on the Mack. Hoping the new boat launch in Methuen opens up some new and better, abet treacherous, fishing!

Posted Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:03 am

my son and I fished it once in july from the Lawrence ramp. like you we caught about the same as you did. motor up river and drift down is a great way to fish. plan on fishing it more this year,trying different spots on the river,

Posted Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:59 pm

fishingwithkids

Horrible season on the Mack. Hoping the new boat launch in Methuen opens up some new and better, abet treacherous, fishing!

good to hear theyre putting in new ramp! hopefully early season will be good. would be sweet to find some schools of smallies grouped up deep somewhere by mid summer. I know the have to be in there somewhere. Largemouth were scarce despite thousands of prime laydowns and weed beds. First spot next spring it attitash for me

Posted Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:29 am

billfish54

my son and I fished it once in july from the Lawrence ramp. like you we caught about the same as you did. motor up river and drift down is a great way to fish. plan on fishing it more this year,trying different spots on the river,

yeah bridge pilings were the best for me. have some good new electronics this year so hopefully i can waypoint a few schools deep and ill send them your way. there has to be some big smallies somewhere in numbers

Posted Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:32 am

Only fished the Merrimack a couple of times this year... well, maybe three. Twice from LOwell, once from the rowing club in Lawrence. Didn't do well in the LOwell stretch, and our tournament on the Lawrence section was on a cold rainy day and it wasn't too special either. I think the biggest fish of the day was around three pounds.

Posted Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:08 pm

Can't speak for the bass, but the carp fishing was good Very Happy Plenty caught between 5 and 25 pounds.

Posted Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:17 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links