So, like the title says.
Anyone ever fish Lake Quannapowitt?

Got my 6hp outboard running & this is the closest lake to my house that allows gas motors. This will be more of a test run for boat & motor, but might as well throw a line out too.

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Posted Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:12 pm

Fish the left bank after the point near the sailboats. Jigs and crankbaits work for me

Posted Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:14 pm

I usually use soft plastics whenever I bass fish, and they work well here. I too fish to near the sailboats, or in the corner by the Saugus River. Good carp in there too, occasionally you'll see a MASSIVE school of them cruising near the shore.

Posted Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:50 pm

Thanks guys,
Hope it won't be too cold & windy tomorrow.

Posted Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:04 am

It's always pretty windy there, but people catch 'em deep into November there every year.

Posted Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:04 am

I actually call it Quannawindtunnel

Posted Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:02 pm

So, leave outboard at home & bring a sail?

Posted Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:13 pm

Quanna-pave-it

Posted Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:27 pm

Well, got to try my new boat on Sunday as planned!

All went well except for one mishap. Couldn't see a rock at the boat launch & broke a tail light on the trailer. The outboard ran well but, 6hp is not enough to get boat on a plane (can't complain it was free!). Sure does beat having just an electric motor!

Didn't catch anything, water was 45*. We were lucky it wasn't too windy or we might have froze! Pitched a jig to some fallen trees & tried a lipless crack but nothing! Very flat & shallow lake? We cruised around lake looking for any bottom contour changes but, nothing.

Now I'll start planning my modification to the boat & start shopping for all the parts I'll need. So, when spring gets here I'll be ready to go! If anyone has a 14' jon with a deck feel free to give any advice or ideas!

Here a short video clip. Don't know what happen to my phone? When I turned to get bigger picture, phone recorded it sideways? Haha! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ffv1lXIv7o

Posted Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:10 pm

I've fished twice with no luck, my boy caught a decent bass while we were there, on I jig I believe. I have heard there were decent bass in there, tiger muskies were stocked there as well, although I don't think they did so hot.

Posted Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:26 pm

Place is hard fishery. Fished there a lot this summer 15+ times and only managed to catch three smallies and lost one decent one. On boat and on shore. #gethookedne

Posted Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:32 pm

There are no smallmouth in lakeQ.

Posted Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:34 pm

jamesd

There are no smallmouth in lakeQ.

Smallies meaning small largemouth bass... Dinks to one pounds

Posted Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:43 pm

That place is tough but the couple of times I went there this year I caught some solid fish. Jig, crank bait, buzz bait. Get used to broken trailer lights. Mine are all taped up.

Posted Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:34 pm

Sadly no smallies, however there are isolated populations of larger than average spotted bass. Start by hitting way back in the creeks. Check ledges, submerged roadbeds, sawgrass and bullrush. Always note the times when the hydro-electric dams do the thing where they release lots of water, there's sure to be some toads stacked up there. Or sometimes they'll suspend 15 to 20 feet deep, usually over a 150 to 200 feet of water. and if all else fails, follow those huge schools of shad.

Posted Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:32 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links