I'm trying to fish there one of these nights, and looking for some troopers to go on a mission with. It's a couple hour drive for me coming from Peabody. The results could be impressive. It's a free permit you have to apply for if anyone is wondering.

Posted Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:47 am

Hey Chris,I've only fished the Quabbin,offshore,a handfull of times,usually I go out every weekend on my private boat.I wouldn't know where to begin to target smallies offshore,at night?For me it would have to be a saturday night or Friday after band..like 11pm.I am in Gardner MA.,about 35 mins from gate 31.I will keep an eye on this post and also talk to a friend that might like an adventure.They offer a great deal on their rental boats..like $50 for the day full tank of gas.thats always a fun full day.Big water those fish can be anywhere.That night fishing sounds cool..

Posted Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:32 am

They do have the best deals around for the rental boats, but they have to be in by like 7pm. You have to apply for the night permit, takes about 10 days to get. There is also only certain gates you can go out of from an hour before sunset till an hour before sunrise. You have to also call the ranger and let them know which gate you plan on going out of too. The water is so warm now, and the place is gin clear, so I feel night fishing is the best bet there at this time of year. Let me know.

Posted Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:36 pm

That does sound cool.I think it would be worth it to do some plotting and planning,perhaps finding the right gates and going out on the boat to scope out the bottom along the shore line,also look for some clearings for flyfishing,maybe mark some fish while were at it.Quabbin seems endless at times,especially when offshore fishing.

Posted Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:02 pm

i know guys who kill it during the day and i know guys who only fish at night and they kill it to

Posted Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:04 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links