Got spoiled with my pelican bass raider. Could go anywhere. Stepped up to a traileted bass boat and having trouble finding places to fish. Looking for some bodies of water in the 495 and east to the coast to try. Im on the North Shore. Places I know of and have fished.

Lake Attitash- Amesbury
Chebacco Lake- Hamilton/ wenham
Bare Hill Pond- Harvard
Sluice Pond- Lynn

Posted Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:25 am

Big chaunssee and little chaunssee have been pretty good to fish. I believe they are in northboro. Also been fishin on A1 pond in westboro. Very shallow pond with a lot of stumps. Be careful. A lot of grass mats to punch through and pads.

Posted Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:30 am

Big chaunssee and little chaunssee have been pretty good to fish. I believe they are in northboro. Also been fishin on A1 pond in westboro. Very shallow pond with a lot of stumps. Be careful. A lot of grass mats to punch through and pads.

Posted Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:30 am

Quannapowett, just use the trolling motor.
Martins
Mystic River
Upper Mystic, just use the trolling motor.
Charles River
Pillings
Just to name a few.
They're all stained water, bring your big white spinnerbait!
They all hold good fish, Mystic's been off the last few years though.
Good luck!

Posted Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:23 pm

Forgot to mention 4wd comes in handy at some of those ramps.

Posted Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:25 pm

tallimeca

Got spoiled with my pelican bass raider. Could go anywhere. Stepped up to a traileted bass boat and having trouble finding places to fish. Looking for some bodies of water in the 495 and east to the coast to try. Im on the North Shore. Places I know of and have fished.

Lake Attitash- Amesbury
Chebacco Lake- Hamilton/ wenham
Bare Hill Pond- Harvard
Sluice Pond- Lynn

How was Bare Hill Pond? Did you go out from the beach there? I saw that you need to have a harvard sticker to park in that lot so I fished from the shore.

Posted Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:27 pm

chrisfishd

Quannapowett, just use the trolling motor.
Martins
Mystic River
Upper Mystic, just use the trolling motor.
Charles River
Pillings
Just to name a few.
They're all stained water, bring your big white spinnerbait!
They all hold good fish, Mystic's been off the last few years though.
Good luck!

Hey, I was curious to where you launch on the Charles?

Thank, Chris

Posted Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:23 am

The Charles has a ramp on woerd ave in Waltham.

Posted Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:50 am

For trailered boats, there's a launch in Brighton and Watertown. I mostly fished from the Esplanad to the locks so I found it easier to launch in the Mystic river, go thru the Amelia Earhart lock, thru Boston harbor, then the Charles lock. The river is supposed to be no wake the whole way, and there's a lot of crew rowers, so pick yourfisjing area and plan accordingly.

Posted Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:56 am

You're talking my neck of the woods here so hopefully I can help!

North Pond, Hopkinton - great boat launch and has small mouth!
Whitehall, Hopkinton - Maybe 2 miles off of the 21a exit, HUGE lake, with monster bass (gets a lot of pressure on the weekened)
Chauncey, Westboro - couple miles off 495, going down route 9 nice lake and has pike/muskie
Lake Winthrop, Holliston - 3 miles down route 16 off of 495 exit 19. In my opinion the best largemouth fishery in the area (has a 10hp motor limit, ramp is off a spot called Pleasure Point"

Posted Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:18 pm

Norton res.Sebatia taunton,There is one in franklin not sure what it is but you can see it from the highway.nippenicket,bridgewater.All very close to 495.Check google maps and you can search for lakes and ponds with ramps.I know there's a couple in the Foxboro area too.Also check out Mass fishing and boating access,they list all the ramps in the area.

Posted Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:55 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links