Can anybody on the forum help me out and give me some buzz bait tips

Posted Wed May 27, 2015 9:26 pm

jake_chiasson45

Can anybody on the forum help me out and give me some buzz bait tips

Maybe someone can, I have never caught a fish on one. Weedless frogs to better in same situations that buzz baits work in IMO.

You actually fishing or what?

Posted Wed May 27, 2015 9:31 pm

Haha. I know right, sorry that I've been posting a lot of questions. Planning on hitting the bass and carp hard once school gets out. It's tough balancing school and baseball then trying to squeeze in a fishing trip. I posted a trip I took in groton but u can expect a lot more this summer.

Posted Wed May 27, 2015 9:38 pm

I'm no expert, I'm not a huge fan of them but I will toss them if nothing else is working. Ive had success on the outside of weed beds and Lily's close to shore.

Is it a bit early for buzz baits?

Posted Wed May 27, 2015 9:39 pm

jake_chiasson45

Haha. I know right, sorry that I've been posting a lot of questions. Planning on hitting the bass and carp hard once school gets out. It's tough balancing school and baseball then trying to squeeze in a fishing trip. I posted a trip I took in groton but u can expect a lot more this summer.

Are you the kid in the photo? If you are a young fella then I get all the questions. Fishing is a practice sport, answers will reveal themselves the more you do it.

Posted Wed May 27, 2015 9:41 pm

Yup I'm the one holding the fish

Posted Wed May 27, 2015 9:42 pm

My father is big I to fishing, especially since he grew up on the Charles river. So I fish a lot and know a little more than most of my friends but as u can see there are still some things I'm figuring out.

Posted Wed May 27, 2015 9:45 pm

jake_chiasson45

My father is big I to fishing, especially since he grew up on the Charles river. So I fish a lot and know a little more than most of my friends but as u can see there are still some things I'm figuring out.

I see. Well I cut my teeth skipping school every spring to go fish the concord river and merrimack in lowell. All the other stuff you have to learn. There is no magic spot nor bait that hauls the fish in. If you watch, listen, and think you can find fish about anyplace.

Best of luck!

Posted Wed May 27, 2015 9:53 pm

thank you. I will definitely not have anymore questions about spots. I have a list of spots from the past and new ones I learned here. Now it's all gonna be trips and suggestions for others Pretty much.

Posted Wed May 27, 2015 9:57 pm

Good luck to you. Hope to see some successful trips in the future.

Posted Wed May 27, 2015 9:58 pm

After the water temp hits 55 I always have a buzzbait tied on. I have so much confidence in this bait I'll throw it at anytime of day under almost any conditions. However, the best conditions for this bait are cloudy and windy. Not hurricane winds like we've had the last few days but you want a little ripple at least. Like any bait, you have to keep at it until you build up that confidence. IMO color isn't that big of a deal. I tend to use black 90% of the time. I'll only change to white if the water is really clear and they're not biting the black.

Posted Thu May 28, 2015 7:15 am

I personally treat a buzz bait as I do my spinner bait a little breeze and a bit cloudy. I find it is best to throw it along with spinner see what gets the best reaction.

Posted Thu May 28, 2015 4:58 pm

I love buzzbaits. They're great to fish during the night time - just let it rip on the surface and fish will smash them. Cast them parallel to shore or to weeds, wood, grass etc.

Posted Fri May 29, 2015 9:59 am

Love buzzbaits! It's an adrenaline rush to watch one get crushed while zipping across the top of the water!!

Posted Fri May 29, 2015 11:00 am

i never use them! to fast for my style of fishing

Posted Fri May 29, 2015 2:41 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links