Just a question for all. Does anyone have a schedule for car topper tournaments. I can't find anything anywhere. Really looking to step out of the recreational fishing and getting into more competitive fishing but info is so scarce. If not how can I go about creating my own trail

Posted Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:21 am

Scroll down on the message board and you will see an entry called 2015 Kayak/Canoe Tournament Schedule......

Posted Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:35 am

As far as the regular car topper trail, Rich is no longer running it and nobody else has volunteered to get anything organized. The kayak trail is up and Ken H. has put together a small two-day big boat event, but that is it. For the most part it looks like any tourneys (get togethers unless permits are pulled in advance) will be thrown together on the fly. I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunities to get people together and fish! Keep watching the board though, you never know! Smile

Last edited by pocketfisherman on Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:32 am; edited 2 times in total

Posted Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:07 am

Thank you guys. Hopefully this ice will thaw real soon. I was hoping to maybe get some thing together for this year. For permits do you have to call the town or ? Would anyone be interested

Posted Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:32 am

cjd_91

Thank you guys. Hopefully this ice will thaw real soon. I was hoping to maybe get some thing together for this year. For permits do you have to call the town or ? Would anyone be interested

More times than not cartopper tournies filled out quick, I don't think you'll have time getting a full field for popular lakes like oldham upper mystic etc

Posted Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:41 am

I will jump in a few

Posted Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:28 am

Have you heard of the UBFL? They have tourneys but they are keeping them a bit private. Might want to try contacting them....Good fisherman. I have fished with them before

Posted Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:07 pm

Car top means no outboard on boat?

Posted Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:25 am

Canoe kayak crawdad. Boats of that sort

Posted Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:00 am

how about live well is that a must any ideas for home made unit looking to do a few this year with my 10ft pelican two seater might be looking for partner to beat the water with..

Posted Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:58 pm

I would be interested in fishing one if we get it together. I have never fished a tournament before but I would love to.

Posted Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:18 pm

It's just tough. All the ones I see are in western mass. It's a far commute for me coming from the cape area. I'd like to get something going in south eastern mass rochester marion plymouth area.

Posted Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:27 pm

yes I agree living on south shore cape only 45 min away and 365
ponds local should not have to drive 2 hours with boat in the back or on the roof for tournaments ....

Posted Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:12 am

I wouldn't mind driving down the south shore for a tournament. Who wants to get one set up?

Posted Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:09 am

I'm down for sure

Posted Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:54 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links