Do you think its worth going out this coming weekend with temps in the 30s this weekend?

Anyone recommend some good spots?

Posted Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:30 pm

Cold front coming in. Will be a tough bite for sure. Hardcore Question

Posted Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:19 pm

Gonna be interesting, that's for sure. Don't think I've ever fished in temps that cold.

Posted Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:03 pm

I'm going to give it a shot, saturday is my last free weekend in a while. Maybe it will warm up again one more time.

Posted Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:36 pm

Last Sunday water temps were around the mid-40s. With these two fronts coming through, that's going to have dropped probably 5 or 6 degrees by this Sunday.

Posted Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:30 pm

water temps. have dropped pretty quickly over the past few weeks. winter haunts?

Posted Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:25 am

samf

water temps. have dropped pretty quickly over the past few weeks. winter haunts?

Got my usual's all lined up. Broke out the JB box, the minus 1 box and the chatterbait box 4' of water or less here I come.

Posted Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:29 am

stratos1966

samf

Got my usual's all lined up. Broke out the JB box, the minus 1 box and the chatterbait box 4' of water or less here I come.

4 foot of water or less? You still find them shallow with water temps in the 40's? This past Tuesday I did get a nice 3 pound smallie up at Massabesic on a jerkbait but over all it was a very very slow day. Nothing in the shallow flats when the day and water warmed up a bit. Water temps were 46-50 degrees.

Posted Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:54 am

jamesd

stratos1966

samf

4 foot of water or less? You still find them shallow with water temps in the 40's? This past Tuesday I did get a nice 3 pound smallie up at Massabesic on a jerkbait but over all it was a very very slow day. Nothing in the shallow flats when the day and water warmed up a bit. Water temps were 46-50 degrees.

James the whole ponds I will be fishing will have 5' or less of depth. COLD water = shallow ponds. The fish have no deep water to escape to and are easier to find

Posted Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:37 pm

stratos1966

jamesd

stratos1966

samf

James the whole ponds I will be fishing will have 5' or less of depth. COLD water = shallow ponds. The fish have no deep water to escape to and are easier to find

I know that place

Posted Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:58 pm

anyone recommend some good spots? been fishing ponkapoag, blue hills reservoir, and whitman's in weymouth mostly. want to branch out in to central mass if possible.

Posted Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:18 pm

davelach

anyone recommend some good spots? been fishing ponkapoag, blue hills reservoir, and whitman's in weymouth mostly. want to branch out in to central mass if possible.

Honestly this is not the time of the year to fish new spots. This is the time of the year where you fish the bodies of water you know best. The fish are going start to hunker down, and if you have way points or know where your favorite lay down is this is the time to pound those spots.

On Ponkapoag I would look for fish around the road of rocks that is in out in the middle. On Whitman try and find the baitfish out deep.

Posted Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:27 pm

no boat

Posted Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:07 pm

Hit 2 ponds in Plymouth this morning. Brutal! Frostbitten fingers and not even a strike Exclamation Next week looks pretty cold. This really sucks Exclamation

Posted Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:28 pm

A friend of mine got out yesterday. Best 5 were over 22lbs with a 6 and two 5's. Caught over 20 bass

Posted Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:52 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links