Anybody know how the water level on the concord river has been lately? I know the Merrimack is really low right now

Posted Thu May 21, 2015 7:05 pm

jake_chiasson45

Anybody know how the water level on the concord river has been lately? I know the Merrimack is really low right now

Drive by it most days. It's medium. Not full spring swell, but in no way low.

Posted Thu May 21, 2015 7:27 pm

Thanks For letting me know. Do u think I'll be able to hit those carp spots near Billerica road then?

Posted Thu May 21, 2015 7:29 pm

jake_chiasson45

Thanks For letting me know. Do u think I'll be able to hit those carp spots near Billerica road then?

That spot works well no matter the water level. Good luck. I am going to Wachusett Reservoir tomorrow for bass so wish me luck!

Posted Thu May 21, 2015 7:35 pm

Alright I'll let u know if I catch anything. Hope u catch some nice bass.

Posted Thu May 21, 2015 7:36 pm

jake_chiasson45

Alright I'll let u know if I catch anything. Hope u catch some nice bass.

The current of the bend can be swift so make sure you have reasonable sinkers. Rig a slip rig:
- thread 1/2 oz or better sinker to main line, then tie main line to a snap swivel
- using a cut of same line, tie one end to other end of snap swivel and the other to your hook
- bait hook (doughball, corn) you may want to throw some chum as far out as you can as soon as you arrive to get carp moving around
- cast out 25-35 feet at that river bend. Allow bait to sink, reel in slack
- open bail but keep a light pressure with fingers or a rubber band on line
- if you get a run, let it go 5 counts of elephant before setting hook. If using circle hooks just allow line to get tight, no Bill Dance hooksets

Good luck!

Posted Thu May 21, 2015 7:49 pm

Thank you so much, I really appreciate the info. Hoping this can be a good trip.

Posted Thu May 21, 2015 7:52 pm

Hitting concord river soon for massive pike soon Smile can't wait!!!!!

Posted Fri May 22, 2015 10:38 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links