hello I don't know if there's a thread for it but I am looking for some good reputable deep sea fishing guides. Can people post their experience and cost? I have never been deep sea and I wanna catch strip bass and blues.

thanks in advance.

Posted Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:27 am

I deep sea fish for Porgies, Cod, Haddock and Pollack out of Plum Island/Newburyport, Hyannis (Porgies) and Plymouth for all of the above.

Captains Fishing - Newburyport
Captain John - Plymouth
Hy-Line - Hyannis

Also there are many small charters available all over for stipers, I would hit the Plum Island area for them later this spring.

Posted Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:50 am

those big party boats are fun but can be tough especially when dog fish are abundant. they can get crowded so early and late season is best. more fish less people. they are inexpensive but the fishing isnt always great.

the best bet would be cough up some extra dough and go on a private charter. they are more money but better fishing. less people faster boat. more fishing time and more fish, those guys will put you on the fish. so private charters are deffinatly way to go! plus your helping those guys out. help the small family business.

Posted Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:42 pm

the best bet would be cough up some extra dough and go on a private charter. they are more money but better fishing. less people faster boat. more fishing time and more fish, those guys will put you on the fish. so private charters are deffinatly way to go! plus your helping those guys out. help the small family business.[/quote]

I agree, small charters are best and not that costly. Get like 2-3 people everyone chip in and you have a great time on the water. I am down to go for stripers on a charter so inbox me sometime if interested.

Posted Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:18 am

do you guys have any private charter experience and referrals?

Posted Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:21 pm

i live in green harbor and theres tons of charters that go out. depends on what your looking for

up where im at the cod fishing is closed. so they go out and target haddock and pollack.
down south of the cape i think cod is open but its a shorter season due to warmer temps! unless your willing to travel far. also down there you can fish for tautog, fluke,sea bass,scup and some rare sub tropical fish(later in the season august-sept)

Posted Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:34 pm

Call capt bobby rice. Reel deal charters. Best In the business.

Posted Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:59 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links