Went to Factory Pond the other day. I usually get to the pond by going through P.A. Landers, then getting on the dirt road from there.

Looks like they have blocked the road and put up a no trespassing sign.

Anyone know an alternate way of getting a kayak over to the pond without going through P.A. Landers? Or if were even allowed to go there anymore?

Posted Thu May 22, 2014 2:17 pm

Wow! Another access lost! People must have been dumping crap back there for that to happen. You may be able to put in right past the ski shop. Question

Posted Thu May 22, 2014 6:18 pm

Oh that really sucks! PA Landers tried to block that access before. Hope they have to open it up.

Posted Thu May 22, 2014 6:31 pm

I ran into what I assume were the owners of PA Landers probably a week after this was posted. Besides telling me to get out of there they told me that the town had been on them to block access for a while. The area by the foot bridge was regularly a disaster area, so I wasn't surprised. They also said that you can access the pond from King St., so it's just that access point that's off limits, apparently. Unfortunately from King St. is a pretty long haul. There's also access near the dam area; there are a few parking spots at the top of Waterford Dr. It's a pretty fancy pants little street and you're essentially walking through someone's backyard so it's a little weird but the access is legit.

Really was bummed about this because I just bought an inflatable specifically to use here. Being limited to shore fishing up until this year this place was easily the most productive place I had found. Pretty much could count on getting multiple 2 lbers every trip, biggest I ever landed was 5.5 and last year had one that had to be at least 7 from the foot bridge(too big to haul up and couldn't get to it;got an extendable net on the way home).

I'm determined to get on here, so I'm going to take a hike down there and see if it might be possible to cart the boat down to the bridge and launch from there.

Posted Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:31 pm

I have called PA landers twice until I got an answer.. they said you can still fish there just cant use that road they blocked or park on their property.. There are 2 other not blocked paths on their property. They don't own the land the pond is on or the parking lot we all have used for years. I've also called the Hanover PD who said the town didn't order the road closed that was all PA Landers idea. The cop I talked to actually has land on the pond and he says they have no rights to the land at all. The state got a grant to clean up the toxic waste in the pond from the fireworks factory, however, none of this is part of it. This is all PA Landers doing. If people would just keep it clean and not drive their quads all over hell and destroy the land and dump tvs and mattresses and tires and trash this crap wouldn't happen. Just my 2 cents.. it was one of my favorite spring fishing spots.. summer gets a bit weedy but it's got big fish.. largest in there was 4.7.. I've moved on to a less weedy pond as my favorite for kayak fishing will be back to Factory in the spring.

Posted Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:53 pm

I used to fish those waters frequently. Never caught anything too substantial there but by the bridge in the woods behind PA landers people would always party there, with fires and trash. Mad

Posted Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:47 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links