I am also adding a fish finder. 14 foot john boat. only a trolling motor for power would like to put a 9.9 hp on by spring as well. Budget for fish finder could be $250 , I like the down imaging option along with sonar thinking only option is the Helix 5di for that price. I would love gps but I fish smaller water not sure I need the gps. Any thoughts

Posted Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:01 pm

If you want to get more for your money you can buy used. I have a Lowrance elite 7x. Power cord but no transducer. 250 or best offer. I bought it used about a month ago thinking I'd put it side by side with my hds 7 but then ended up buying an hds 12. I paid 250 for it and then bought the power cord. It has the bracket and the sun cover.

Posted Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:46 am

Is it a DI? If so I'm interested in buying it off of you! I'm looking for one to pair with my si GPS combo

Posted Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:22 am

It has both di and 2d

Posted Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:03 am

i just got the elite 7x myself from e-bay.... 330 (+ 15 shipping) w/ trans....i've seen the transducer for less than 80 - just keep watching . i'm looking to put something with gps and probably si next to it...maybe the helix 5 or 7... is the hds7 for sale?

Posted Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:44 pm

No on the hds 7. I'm going to have the 12 and 7 side by side so I can have map, di and si on the 12 from the lss 2 transducer on the back and the hds 7 with di and 2d on the tm.

Posted Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:52 pm

you're good to go...sweet setup....while i got you on the line - can you tell me if any lss transducer will work with any hds ?

Posted Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:56 pm

snow66

you're good to go...sweet setup....while i got you on the line - can you tell me if any lss transducer will work with any hds ?

I think the short answer is yes but depending on the unit will depend on how it connects and if you need any extra hardware. The gen 2 and 3 touch the side scan transducer plugs right in. The non touch units need a box

Posted Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:23 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links