If you are going fishing today, beautiful warm day (kinda windy) please let us know how you do. im thinking about going out tomorrow on the north shore for the first time of the year. i guess it is safe to assume that every lake throughout MA will be thawed by the end of day today.

Posted Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:24 am

I went by spot pond in stoneham. Not much open water. I took a few casts but no fish.

Posted Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:50 pm

I went to Luddams Ford after work and realized I forgot the paddle to my kayak. I guess I'm not fishing til tomorrow lol. Looking forward to hearing about everyone else's trips though.

Posted Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:53 pm

went out smallie hunting! 12 smallies yesterday. waded the whole pond. only found 2 schools that were close enough to shore but we caught alot of fish outa those schools

Posted Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:48 am

I went out on Louisa Lake in Milford yesterday and got skunked. The whole pond looked dead. Didn't even see a sunfish swimming around in the shallows and didn't see a single weed growing off the bottom.

I threw jerkbaits, spinner baits, square bills, and some worms, and came up totally blank.

Posted Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:45 am

indk617

I went to Luddams Ford after work and realized I forgot the paddle to my kayak. I guess I'm not fishing til tomorrow lol. Looking forward to hearing about everyone else's trips though.

Glad I'm not the only one who fogot the damm paddle

Posted Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:45 am

ive done that! well it actualy flew out the back of my truck!

Posted Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:44 am

I went to my honey hole today and got skunked. I'm heading to Robbins in East Bridgewater after lunch, hopefully I'll have better luck.

Posted Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:36 pm

I took the kayak toStetson Pond in Pembroke yesterday and got skunked.Went out with bro in-law today in bass boat on The Nip in Bridgewater and caught 1 dink bass.

Posted Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:38 pm

purpleturkey

I took the kayak toStetson Pond in Pembroke yesterday and got skunked.Went out with bro in-law today in bass boat on The Nip in Bridgewater and caught 1 dink bass.

I was on Stetson today and caught somewhere around 25-30 fish. Most were pickerel or big crappie, and maybe 8 bass. Never been there before, but the other lakes around there were packed so I thought I would give it a whirl.

Posted Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:54 pm

thelucky

purpleturkey

I was on Stetson today and caught somewhere around 25-30 fish. Most were pickerel or big crappie, and maybe 8 bass. Never been there before, but the other lakes around there were packed so I thought I would give it a whirl.

25 - 30 fish Its amazing to me how 2 people can fish the same place and one gets skunked the other gets 25 - 30 fish. I guess some of us have much to learn, thats including myself! Laughing

Posted Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:09 pm

thelucky

purpleturkey

Thats an awesome day. What were you throwing? I tried a ton of stuff today and got nothing.

Posted Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:25 pm

Went to Robbins this morning. Fished for 2 hrs. without a strike. On my way in I was trolling a shallow Shad Rap and got a bass around 2lb. At least I didn't get shut out! I was on Stetson yesterday also and ran into purpleturkey. I only got 2 crappie. I don't know how the bite can change that quickly! Rolling Eyes

Posted Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:46 pm

indk617

thelucky

purpleturkey

Thats an awesome day. What were you throwing? I tried a ton of stuff today and got nothing.

Were you out there today? I was in the 1 man boat. I caught all but 1 fish on a suspending jerk bait. All in about 4-10 ft, and most came from the bank opposite from the launch.

Posted Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:59 pm

enogueira

If you are going fishing today, beautiful warm day (kinda windy) please let us know how you do. im thinking about going out tomorrow on the north shore for the first time of the year. i guess it is safe to assume that every lake throughout MA will be thawed by the end of day today.

Fished oldham from 6:30 1100 not a single hit, my fish finder said water temp was 43 degrees. Went to a little swill hole water temp between 51 and 55 degrees, caught 3 bass and 2 pickeral. The first bass was 5.12lbs the other two were 2 1/2lbs

Posted Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:07 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links