hey guys, so i live in watertown and last summer i started fishing exclusively with lures so im really noobie on a lot of things. although i have bought every lure there is, im still not really sure of some lakes around here (30mins TOPS). im looking to get out today (monday) on my kayak before the front cold moves in.

i tried spy pond and charles river this week with no luck in neither. i was thinking about upper mystic but that place is complex so im not sure.

thanks in advance.

Last edited by enogueira on Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:16 pm

Wrights Pond in Medford is a nice little pond that you could probably do well in. The only problem is if your putting a kayak or small Jon boat in it you will have to carry it for about 100 yards. The main access is closed at this time of the year so you have to drive past it (main gait) about a quarter of a mile and there is another entrance that you can park at and get access. On Elm Street heading towards woodland road rotary.

Posted Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:26 am

Jamaica Pond is supposed to be good, I had luck at Spot Pond last year. If you're gonna yak today be mindful of the wind, supposed to pick up pretty quickly and that can be a bit freaky if you're not expecting it.

Posted Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:51 am

I fished Haggetts pond ALOT last year.
It is a great little pond. Lots of 3-5 pounders in there.

Caught the behemoth in my avatar there.

Posted Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:15 am

are you going to be shore fishing? brookline reservoir is pretty good for that.

Posted Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:25 am

samf

are you going to be shore fishing? brookline reservoir is pretty good for that.

kayak samf..

Posted Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:40 am

walleyefanatic

Jamaica Pond is supposed to be good, I had luck at Spot Pond last year. If you're gonna yak today be mindful of the wind, supposed to pick up pretty quickly and that can be a bit freaky if you're not expecting it.

yeah im watching out for that, thats why im looking for a place closer to my house today.

but thanks for all the opinions guys

Posted Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:44 am

for what it's worth, my buddy at work claims to have pulled 12 bass out of Spy this past Saturday, took his jon boat out with his buddy, said he hit the south side primarily

Posted Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:56 am

walleyefanatic

for what it's worth, my buddy at work claims to have pulled 12 bass out of Spy this past Saturday, took his jon boat out with his buddy, said he hit the south side primarily

yeah man i have had luck there last year but in the summer. there are big fish in there. the pond have steep drop offs right out of the shore at some points.

i read a post of yours saying you were gonna go there? are you still going?

Posted Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:00 am

went out there yesterday morning, 3 perch and 2 little bass, not much else . . . would love to today but got work :/

Posted Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:02 am

walleyefanatic

went out there yesterday morning, 3 perch and 2 little bass, not much else . . . would love to today but got work :/

oh yeah i read your post.

ever tried lower mystic? im hesitant to go to upper because its deffinately gonna be much windier up there, the lower has more protection from the wind

Posted Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:04 am

never kayaked there, had horrible luck shore fishing

Posted Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:28 am

walleyefanatic

never kayaked there, had horrible luck shore fishing

oh, well i got to decide where im going soon hahah

thank you

Posted Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:30 am

personally, I'd either try Spy again, JP Pond, or Brookline Res, but I'm by no means an expert on where to find the honeyholes nearby Razz

Posted Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:33 am

walleyefanatic

personally, I'd either try Spy again, JP Pond, or Brookline Res, but I'm by no means an expert on where to find the honeyholes nearby Razz

well JP and the res dont allow yaks (i think) and the spy... its a good contender, im just a bit hesitant since i got skunked there friday (which was super cloudy and not as warm) so completely different conditions.

i might end up giving it another shot today. closer to home so its less of a pain to come home if i have to because of the wind.

Posted Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:37 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links