Went for a little boose cruise at tispaquin which is right next to my new house and ended up catching several really nice fish. Between the three of us we caught 20 bass 10 of which were over 3 pounds with one 6.87 pound monster 22 inches long. Personally I could of put together a 20 pound bag too bad I couldn't do that Saturday at snipituit.

Posted Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:52 pm

Snipatuit can be tough to fish. Any key baits or techniques they were on to at Tipsaquin

Posted Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:08 pm

We were catching them on square billed crank baits weedless football heads and weightless crawdad style creatures.

Posted Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:14 am

Ssssh, don't let the word get out on Tispaquinn. I find this to be an oddball lake. Fishes like two completely different lakes, heavy cover/open water.

Posted Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:45 pm

Ive only fished it once but had a really good day. We didn't get any 6 lbers like you guys but multiple high 3's and tons of action. It really is like 2 different ponds which is awesome.

Posted Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:24 pm

Went over there this morn. with the kayak for the first time. According to the MA Wildlife website it is for cartoppers, canoes and kayaks. Parking was tough due to the bass boat trailers! 3 or 4 of them and that is pretty much it for parking! Anyway, was surprised at how clear the water is. Pond is much bigger than I expected. Was a tough bite, bright sun, no wind. Got 1 small bass, a rat pick, got bit off twice and plenty of strikes. Found it difficult to fish anything on the bottom due to the muck. Wacky worm was pretty much all I threw. Didn't see anyone beating the bank, seemed everyone was fishing the open water. Will probably go back, but it will be on a cloudy day.

Posted Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:34 am

Tispaquin is a great fishery once you learn it!! I have been fishing there for close to 25 years! Seen many big fish come out of there Pickerel and Bass.
The fish take to the open water as the boat traffic picks up on weekends and during most of the summer!! There are submerged weed beds and a few boulders that hold fish pretty much all the time!! Any questions PM me.

Posted Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:37 pm

don51

Went over there this morn. with the kayak for the first time. According to the MA Wildlife website it is for cartoppers, canoes and kayaks. Parking was tough due to the bass boat trailers! 3 or 4 of them and that is pretty much it for parking! Anyway, was surprised at how clear the water is. Pond is much bigger than I expected. Was a tough bite, bright sun, no wind. Got 1 small bass, a rat pick, got bit off twice and plenty of strikes. Found it difficult to fish anything on the bottom due to the muck. Wacky worm was pretty much all I threw. Didn't see anyone beating the bank, seemed everyone was fishing the open water. Will probably go back, but it will be on a cloudy day.

Don, I would like to fish this pond, though I am concerned about the parking. if the lot is at capacity of 4 or 3 cars with trailers, are there other spots to park? I have a 14' jon boat on a trailer and can easily break up the trailer and car to fit most anywhere. I hate to leave Foxboro early in the AM and not find parking when I get there. I would guess it is busy in the weekday afternoons as well? thanks, Dave.

Posted Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:30 pm

The trip I posted was only the 2nd time I have ever been there. Perhaps somebody who is more familiar with the pond can chime in. The boat trailers definitely hinder the parking. If you go during the week, early morning you should be ok. I wouldn't make the trip on a wknd!

Posted Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:03 pm

During the week you should have no problem! Weekends get there by 5:30a or you will have a challenge finding parking!! I fish here 6-8 times a season and have never had to go elsewhere because of parking!! There is a "turnaround" as you enter the launch area, pull into this area before backing in to lineup your rig!! It's 200 yds. Of backing up, not bad at all!! I have a 18' tracker and have no issues!!

Posted Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:39 pm

bollesy

During the week you should have no problem! Weekends get there by 5:30a or you will have a challenge finding parking!! I fish here 6-8 times a season and have never had to go elsewhere because of parking!! There is a "turnaround" as you enter the launch area, pull into this area before backing in to lineup your rig!! It's 200 yds. Of backing up, not bad at all!! I have a 18' tracker and have no issues!!

thanks bollesy! I will post pics if I get any good catches.

Posted Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:52 am

kissmybass26

Went for a little boose cruise at tispaquin which is right next to my new house and ended up catching several really nice fish. Between the three of us we caught 20 bass 10 of which were over 3 pounds with one 6.87 pound monster 22 inches long. Personally I could of put together a 20 pound bag too bad I couldn't do that Saturday at snipituit.

Hi, I was planning to fish Tispaquin tomorrow afternoon. Is there enough water to launch a 14 jon boat? I saw the posts from the CBH tourney a few weeks ago and they didn't have enough water to launch. thanks, Dave.

Posted Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:45 pm

I launched my 14' jon boat there last week but I had to back up to the point were my front tires were almost up to the hubs, then I had to get out, get in the water and push it off the trailer.My boat is light so it was not a big deal

Posted Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:45 pm

Thanks Stratos. I went today and the launching was ok. good thing I have a small boat. fishing wasn't too good. only a few bites, had one on that was good size, but jumped off close to the boat. very windy.

Posted Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:11 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links