Early start 4:50 a.m. water was glass.First fish at about 5:15 about 3.5 pounds or so.2nd fish another 3,then another,caught four there and missed a couple more on that spot.All quality fish.We moved on and got a couple more in another spot.Fish were biting more than once,if they hit and missed they would eat it again.Bait scattering on the surface we went to it and caught fish.
Amazing morning.20 plus bass smallest was 1.5 the rest were 2.5 to 4 pounds.We lost another 4 or 5 with a nice smallie that jumped on me 3 times and spit my jig.Quality all morning long until about 8:30,then it stopped.We moved and moved back to spots with very little results.One here and one there.
Hit a point with a drop off I made 4 casts and hooked up with 3 fish,the smallie got off the other 2 in the boat.All 3 pounders.Got 1 more before we left about 2 pounds.10:00 a.m.out of there with some bass thumbs.
Scotty called today and said his thumbs hurt and were almost bleeding.I never get that,no scrape marks nothing.Maybe I lip them different than anyone else.
Anyway I wish all fishing trips would be like this day was.No monsters just great fishing and a great time.Sorry not disclosing this ponds name.We'll call it lake M.

Posted Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:58 pm

Sounds like the kind of day we had Saturday Ken! Awesome job!

Posted Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:24 pm

awesome Kenny!

Posted Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:46 pm

That's a sweet day on the water my friend

Posted Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:19 pm

Congrats on what sounded like an awesome morning. I need a day like that!

Posted Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:27 pm

Sounds like a very nice morning! Plenty of action.

Posted Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:38 pm

Excellent trip. If you use a net you won't get a sore thumb.

Posted Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:38 pm

He gets that just from unhooking and releasing.Never happened to me.

Posted Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:46 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links