I have to kill a couple hours every week for soccer practice, and NH Fish Finder doesn't seem to have a lot of posters. Does anyone here have experience up there in Hampstead? I see Island Pond as well, but it looks well developed, anyone know of easy shore fishing as won't have time to launch?

Thanks in advance.

Posted Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:14 pm

mostly 6 pounders in there, not really worth it.

Posted Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:16 pm

It's ok troll, the problem is solved, someone took a sledgehammer to the lock.

It's too bad Admin doesn't ban your ISP, or it's the Admin that's in fact doing the trolling. It's posters like you that ruin sites like this, and the number one reason I won't get involved in these tourneys, especially with my kids. Unfortunately the admins are complicit in this behavior.

I've been pretty helpful through PM's to other members of this site, including helping one that ended up winning a tourney. I've never asked for a quid pro quo, but it would help this site tremendously if Admins squashed these people from the start.

Posted Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:03 am

fishingwithkids

It's ok troll, the problem is solved, someone took a sledgehammer to the lock.

It's too bad Admin doesn't ban your ISP, or it's the Admin that's in fact doing the trolling. It's posters like you that ruin sites like this, and the number one reason I won't get involved in these tourneys, especially with my kids. Unfortunately the admins are complicit in this behavior.

I've been pretty helpful through PM's to other members of this site, including helping one that ended up winning a tourney. I've never asked for a quid pro quo, but it would help this site tremendously if Admins squashed these people from the start.

Well...this one hits a nerve with me since I happen to be one of the moderators/admins. So where do I start?

Let's start with the fact that this profile is obviously a troll. And obviously their response bothered you. But you didn't flag the profile. You didn't reach out to an admin. You just start blasting admins. You say "but it would help this site tremendously if Admins squashed these people from the start" well by the looks of it, the profile was created yesterday and only has the one ball busting comment. So while I'm while working 50 hours a week, and working on my new house, and trying to squeeze some fishing time in, etc, now I need to monitor this site 24 hours a day so you don't get your feeling hurt? Really?

Then you suggest Admins are the trolls? I only know of one other Moderator on the MA site, and believe me he has less time to deal with this BS than I do. So you're barking up the wrong tree there.

Next, you don't know how much crap over the year I've taken care of behind the scenes, since 2007 in fact. But you wouldn't know, cause I don't go advertising it. I just handle it when I see something worthy, or when it's brought to my attention. It's like babysitting, it's time consuming, and it sucks. If you don't think we admins are doing enough, why don't volunteer to be an admin? Hell, you can take over for me. "New Head Moderator - fishingwithkids", has a good ring to me.

While I agree that a poster like this puts a negative vibe to the site, I would also say you need a little thicker skin. The comment was not offensive, it was just a troll busting balls. Flag it, ignore it, and move on. Anything else?

John

Posted Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:33 am

I have nothing to say here

Posted Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:07 am

Well said meat7gtk and thank you for what you do for this site!

Posted Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:13 am

I love meat

He's a good guy

Posted Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:17 am

Those spots are blown up!!

Posted Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:19 am

Meat...Thanks for the time and effort regarding moderating this site...
We all appreciate it.

Posted Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:35 pm

I would also like to thank you for time put in meat7 it a great site and I enjoy login in daily to check the posts. and not to be a wiseass but whats a troll Razz

Posted Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:35 pm

billfish54

I would also like to thank you for time put in meat7 it a great site and I enjoy login in daily to check the posts. and not to be a wiseass but whats a troll Razz

Stratos Wink

Posted Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:44 pm

samf

billfish54

Stratos Wink

Posted Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:02 pm

shawneramone

I love meat

Tell us something we don't know

Posted Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:03 pm

stratos1966

shawneramone

I love meat

Tell us something we don't know

I love senko

Posted Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:27 pm

billfish54

A troll is someone who trolls the site causes arguments , conflict and never contributes anything positive. Like a troll under the bridge.

Posted Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:31 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links