Can't seem to figure out why lake I fish hasn't produced a large smallie in the 3 yrs I've fished her.largest has been around 3 lbs. I feel it has plent of forage to sustain larger smallies. It has produced larrys in 8 to 9lb range. Has good depth think either 60 or 80 ft deep at deepest spot with nice rocky bottom. Maybe larrys r just dominating them.Maybe try dawn bite when larger smallies may be in closer?It is shore fishing only.Any thoughts?

Posted Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:14 pm

my guess is that the big girls are in deeper water.

Posted Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:32 pm

Try the same technique as the Res for the Smallies, maybe they like Yellow Perch too. Smallies we caught Easter Sunday had crawfish in them and not very big either, maybe 3 inches.

Posted Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:56 pm

I feel that to be true need to find spot with deepwater within casting distance. No maps for this lake so trial n error large body of water.They werevworkin on the damn few yrs back opened up 30yds of shore n landed a couple of 3 lbers and that was b4 I knew how to fish for them.Wish I fished more spots then may have been able to figure out where the deep water is. True muskie never tried live shiners off bottom there. You did have a hold of a big one that one time off the causeway.

Posted Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:39 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links