Add to Favorites

MA Fish Finder Forum Index
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 

How is the spring so far

View previous topic :: View next topic  
anthonym1
Rainbow Trout Rank

Total Points: 51

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject: How is the spring so far Reply with quote

How is everyone doing . too many pickerel in my shore spots a few decent prespawn fish. What is everyone else seeing . Thinking fish should move up on to beds within the next week or two before the next full moon
The few bass I caught were on spinner baits and drop shot outside of spawning pockets
frambrett
Panfish Rank

Total Points: 162

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have gotten two LMB over 3 pounds so far (including the one in my new profile photo), so I can't complain.

The water warmed up very slow in some places, I think, so the bite was off, but it's getting more consistent. I was at the Charles in Waltham last Sunday and the water in Purgatory Cove was 64 F.
stump
Largemouth Rank

Total Points: 580

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slooow, about 12 pickerel and 2 bass in the last 3 weeks. Although I've only been out a handful of times due to the weather.
fishermandave41
Panfish Rank

Total Points: 157

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bite is picking up. Caught a 4.1 yesterday on whopper plopper. Caught some in the afternoon on shallow crank bait. I have also caught a ton of pickerel this spring. Between yesterday morning and afternoon caught 17 bass. 8 in the morning and 7 afternoon.
classy_bass
Brook Trout Rank

Total Points: 32

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been catching many pickerel this spring, too. The largemouth bite has been picking up for me the last few outings with many fat pre-spawn bass. Today, I snagged a river herring while bass fishing in the Charles River basin, which is a good sign for stripers!
stump
Largemouth Rank

Total Points: 580

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishermandave41 wrote:
bite is picking up. Caught a 4.1 yesterday on whopper plopper. Caught some in the afternoon on shallow crank bait. I have also caught a ton of pickerel this spring. Between yesterday morning and afternoon caught 17 bass. 8 in the morning and 7 afternoon.

4.1, 17 bass your killing me man, I haven't caught sh*t. Water level is high and cold. I watched some video on the whopper plopper, love the action, gonna get me one. Thank you
dogbone_384
Rainbow Trout Rank

Total Points: 84

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a good year so far. SMB bite since March was very good in Plymouth & Cape Cod.

Moving to LMB waters now. Like other members, Pickerel outnumber LMB significantly.

I find water temps in most waters I fish are 57.x - 59.x.

Best SMB, LMB, and Pick this season are all north of 3 1/2 pounds.
bogwaters
Baitfish Rank

Total Points: 10

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just happy to be fishing! I can put up with a few pickerel for that one good bass and I've been lucky to find em! Got a nice 4 pound lmb in Myles Standish the same day they were chasing the escapees!!! Hahaha be safe out there guys!
inkslinger
Smallmouth Rank

Total Points: 275

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thursday caught a lot of small bass under 1/2lb, 2 had belly's all on Sizmic Toads an lots of crappies on road runners in the deeper waters . Over all had over 20 , I lost count on the Blue Gills an perch on spawn beds.
shawneramone
Marlin Rank

Total Points: 5458

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Been one of my best springs in recent memory. I've caught a lot of quality fish in the 3-4 lb range. Larry and sally. Throw a jig and you will get them. Fished both days this weekend. Saturday was an all out fish all day type of day. Sunday was an 8 boat tourney at singetary. We didn't do great. Couldn't find the big ones but we caught a few fish. Every team had a limit. And the winners weighed in 17+ lbs. And there was a tourney there the day before. All of my fish yesterday were on a jig. Some gators were caught too
newenglandangler
Panfish Rank

Total Points: 151

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far I've caught 12 bass. Only small ones though, with the exception of one nice 3 pounder. Crankbaits, swimbaits, and shiners have all been doing the trick.
bogwaters
Baitfish Rank

Total Points: 10

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been fishing carver area like I usually do been doing very well multiple 3 ponders, 4 pounder and a 5 pounder I would post pics but don't know how lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MA Fish Finder Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: