I'm taking some time off next week and thinking of hitting wachusett. I've only been there a couple times with no luck, so if anyone has any tips of what's biting now and what lures are hot let me know.

Posted Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:22 pm

LAKERS!!!!!!! bottom bounce metals. my favortie is 1 ounce castmasters deadly dicks.

look at a map and find some deep holes.

gate 25 is great access and gets to 60 feet. that area is really good!

or send some big shiners out with 1 ounce weight! i usualy do both

Posted Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:22 pm

Whatever gate you choose just make sure you get there early.

Posted Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:05 pm

and bring all your papers - epo is a nightmare there

Posted Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:15 pm

skoda

and bring all your papers - epo is a nightmare there

The rare times I have run into an EPO up there, they've never checked my gear or asked for my license.

Posted Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:33 pm

Thanks guys, I think I've only fished out of gate 8 so I'll give 26 a shot.

Posted Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:10 am

Hey turds where is gate 25 don't think I've fished there.

Posted Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:55 pm

Badlarry. 25 is before the bridge at Thomas basin. I Plan on heading out to the res tomorrow but I'm not sure what gate im hitting.

Posted Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:46 am

Gotcha dr. I usually don't fish that area. In the spring may branch out and try some new spots. How is the depth over there? Any luck?

Posted Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:40 pm

Zak your lucky. I've been checked a number of times. Maybe u have an honest look to you.
Very Happy

Posted Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:43 pm

'chu was slow for us yesterday, I managed 1 laker 20" or so on a deadly dicks, my buddy bagged a rainbow about 15"-16" on chartruese power eggs. We were at gate 8. from 8am till 2pm or so. Pretty quiet there, we usually do well this time of year but it just didnt have that 'fishy' feel. Im guessing maybe the water hasnt cooled off enough yet.

Posted Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:44 am

Met up with badlarry today, I managed to snag a clam and found a couple ticks but that's all that was biting.

Posted Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:11 pm

Yah frustrating day. Fished 3 gates with no luck. Did have som fish teasin the crap out of me at the stone church. Lots of bites off crawler just wouldn't take it. Was hoping to entice a salmon or at least catch a perch for bait. I just think the weather was to nice but won't have that problem this wknd. Laughing

Posted Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:55 am

going this weekend. checking the rivers for big trout and salmon. hoping for my first fall laker of the year

Posted Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:19 pm

I'm going tomorrow n sat. Still trying for a fall laker myself. Tic toc time is running out.Crazy weather has not helped. Figure I've had no luck during nice weather give it a shot with crap weather next few days maybe my luck will change! Caught a couple of chubs fall fish see if lakers r hungry for them!

Posted Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:33 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links