i am new to this site and new to ma i have some places i go to ice fish, i am looking to make some fishing buddies and find some new honey holes. anyone who would like to go this wkend that knows of safe ice i would love to drill some holes. i have a few perch and big bass haunts looking for a good crappie spot anyone interested let me know.

Posted Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:45 pm

Where do you live??? My bro-inlaw and I are probably going to Stetson Pond in Pembroke Sunday morning,you're more than welcome to join us.

Posted Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:10 am

You're brave, going ice fishing this late in the season, especially with the rain we're getting on Saturday, and the 48-50 degree weather we're getting on Sunday. I've driven by quite a few ponds in the Hanson/Pembroke/Halifax area that already have large spots of open water, or shore line melt. Be careful, man.

Posted Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:54 pm

i live in worcester but would still love to go what time r u guys thinking hows the ice out there we still have quite a bit out here but the shore lines are ify no wories though thin ice dont scare me i went last weekend at one of my honey holes out this way it was hell getting on but fishing was good got 31 nice perch and 15 big sunfish how have u done out there this year [

Posted Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:15 pm

I'm going to check ice conditions on Saturday morning and decide if its safe.We start early, probably meet at pond around 6:30a.m.Sunday.We've done OK there(some days were better then others),a mix of Yellow Perch,Pickerel and Largemouth,only gotten a few Crappie.I'll give you an update Saturday afternoon.

Posted Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:11 am

Hey, welcome to the site. I've been out every day this week and the ice has been fine as long as you're careful. I'll be going saturday starting around 4:30-5 am probably bringing my kid but would welcome more company. feel free to shoot me a text at 401 481 4575, ive got some solid spots within driving distance of you

-Levi

Posted Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:35 pm

sorry i wasnt able to get back to anyone who wanted to go this weekend my truck crapped out could only go locally thank you for the invites though i get out of work around 2 if anyone would like to go out my way this week got some great hole in the wall spots let me know Worcester area hopefully truck will be back in commission this weekend last week on the hard water got to get it in

Posted Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:06 pm

No worries!!! I never checked ice last Saturday but we did go Sunday and had a great day!!!Weather near end of this week may wreck ice here but we're hoping to get one last trip in Sunday if possible. Hopefully in 2 weeks they'll be some open water somewhere and it'll be kayak time.

Posted Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:38 am

i got out fri still got 8in of good ice only went for couple hours after work still got 10 nice crappies and three jumbos with some throwbacks even got a nice three pound bass all on jigin rod rapala jigin raps and mamuska jig one two punch(deadly) going to try to go sun let me know if u can find safe ice i still have some my way let me know

Posted Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:04 pm

hooligan

You're brave, going ice fishing this late in the season, especially with the rain we're getting on Saturday, and the 48-50 degree weather we're getting on Sunday. I've driven by quite a few ponds in the Hanson/Pembroke/Halifax area that already have large spots of open water, or shore line melt. Be careful, man.

Where are you seeing open water? I'm just south of Boston and my 'regular' spots were covered 100% when I drove by them on Thursday.

Any info is greatly appreciated... It's been a L O N G winter....

Posted Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:17 pm

went today (sun) still got 7 to 9 in of good black ice in worcester area i know ice been doing this a while thanks on the heads up though

Posted Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:05 pm

I did ice check on a few local ponds Saturday in Holbrook and didn't like what I saw(Ice is done around here). Spent Sunday putting ice gear away and started prepping rods,gear and kayak,hopefully get out in 2 weeks.

Posted Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:34 am

Bumping this one up. I'm already looking forward to this winter Ice fishing trips. I didn't do any last winter and I'm kicking myself, we had a lot of Ice and I had a lot of time off from work due to the weather. So, I'm up for it. I started another post about get togethers this winter. Hope people are into it.

Posted Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:44 am

i ice fished january 9th till march 14th

Posted Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:19 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links