Back in the day before I was married and infested with kids, I would hit the ice with about 12-15 others. We would stay on the ice pretty much all day. Get there about 5-6am, set up the kitchen and wind breaks or shanties, drill our holes and stay till dark. Some guys would bring their GF's, kids, Wives and their dogs. Everyone would bring food, drinks or what have you. It was an awesome time. We've fished Monponsett, Winnicunitt, long pond and several others that I can't remember the names. Would anyone else be interested in an all day ice fest? We could set one up once a month.

Posted Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:39 am

My bro inlaw and I usually go every Sunday the ice and weather allow it! We bring a firepit, table,chairs,camp stove,food,tunes, we don't stay till dark but we fish from 5:30 til 1 or 2 usually.We do Ponds in the Hanson, Pembroke,Halifax, East Bridgewater areas.We'll have to talk when its the season.

Posted Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:57 am

Last year I joined in on a tradition with a bunch of guys that involved ice fishing the Meredith rotary club ice fishing derby up at Winnipesaukee. We all stay in this big cabin and then go out on the ice early the next morning and set up camp. It was a great time. Doing something like that closer to home would be very fun!

Posted Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:03 pm

I was invited to the Meredith tourney a few years back but couldn't make it. I would definitely be up for that.

Purpleturkey, I'm in. I fished Monponsett a few times.

Posted Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:33 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links