Looks like some people made it out this weekend on the hardwater. How much ice are we looking at in your areas? Might try to get out next weekend if the weather cooperates, probably within an hour or 2 of Boston.

Posted Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:29 am

I checked a few south shore ponds yesterday and it appeared there was 1-2" of black ice. Too scary for me to go out on! Laughing With the rain and mild temp this morning there is probably a lot of open water to be found. Mild temps forecasted for the end of the week. Looks like things will have to start all over again!

Posted Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:28 am

Boone had between 3-4 inches in most spots. Its going to stay cold in Hudson until Friday...the ice is insulated with snow cover now so I hope it continues to bulk up for next weekend.

Posted Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:22 pm

people ice skaiting saturday!

im checking ice today when i get out of work!!!

Posted Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:36 pm

Flint Pond had maybe 5 4 black and I know that they are on the Boag already!!!!! this week may make things wet, be safe!!!!!

I will still be going out

Posted Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:39 pm

I just chipped 4 inches of ice outta my driveway

Posted Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:39 pm

South shore ice is rapidly disappearing! I was on the ice yesterday afternoon and it was getting a little scary how quickly it was melting. Looks like that will be it for awhile. Should be plenty of open water around by Monday.

Posted Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:51 am

I walked out on a pond in North Andover yesterday and had about 6" of slush on top of 3" of ice. I guess we'll see what happens after this weekend, I won't be going out until next week probably...

Posted Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:03 am

high 50's this weekend around my area. will be some open water. gona check some shore fishin out for now. foster/hornpond

Posted Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:48 pm

South shore is all done for now. I'm planning on fishing open water tomorrow morning if it isn't raining too hard!

Posted Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:07 pm

Ponds are open around here! Hit Littles those afternoon!
Caught 2 bows!!! Bunch of hits! Missed a fish at shoreline! Some big bows! And watch them hang out close to shore! They didn't move!!!

Posted Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:14 pm

Ponds are open around here! Hit Littles those afternoon!
Caught 2 bows!!! Bunch of hits! Missed a fish at shoreline! Some big bows! And watch them hang out close to shore! They didn't move!!!

Posted Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:16 pm

I found 3" of black ice on the south shore this a.m. Didn't catch anything but I found ice! Laughing Supposed to be heavy rain tomorrow aft. and night. That should wipe it out. But it is supposed to be below freezing all week so the ponds should be safe again by Friday. Cool Looks like it is going to be one of those winters Exclamation

Posted Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:16 pm

Any safe ice out there in the Windsor/Plainfield Area? Hoping to get a chance to ice fish this weekend.

Posted Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:52 pm

Wow, I'm surprised how much ice people had! Up where I am in the Northeast there has been nothing at all - but fish are still being taken through the open water. Maybe we'll get some ice soon with temperatures dropping.

Posted Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:56 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links