Went over to Jacobs this morning for the first time this year. Was a real slow start but gradually picked up. Could not believe how cold the water still is, especially at the inflow area. Got 2 bass, 4 picks, 1 perch and a calicoe. Missed a bunch of hooksets on the wacky worm. Thinking perch. Two other boats out there. We need a streak of warm weather to boost these water temps up.!

Posted Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:26 pm

i went there last wednesday. loaded up on panfish. caught at least 20 crappies a couple of perch and sunnies! it was awesome! they were rising everywhere!

Posted Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:09 pm

Use to like that place until they turned it into paddle only.

Posted Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:20 pm

One of the guys out there was in a jon boat with a trolling motor. I don't know what the rules are or if anything is enforced. Saw a gas motor out there last year!

Posted Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:50 am

I was on Jacobs earlier in the year with my trolling motor and was told by 'a board member' all motors are now banned because the pond was treated to fight the weeds and propellers would chop up weeds and magnify new growth.

It's not posted at the parking lot yet but according to the 'board member', it was posted in the local paper.

That was, and IS, likely the last time I'll visit this water.

Posted Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:17 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links