Has anyone fished at Jamaica Pond before? I've been twice this year, and it's been terrible for lure fishing. With almost every type of lure I have used (jigs and spinners), if they go in the water, they are gone on the first 10 casts. The retrieve there is just impossible.

Topwater and Texas rigs are the only types that I haven't regularly lost there.

The rocks are bad, but its the branches and logs that are in the pond that really are the killer, I think. This isn't just me, I have spoken to other anglers there who have similar frustrations. I get it's a pond, and that comes with the territory, to an extent. But damn, it's annoying.

It's early in the season, too. I couldn't imagine fishing this pond with anything but topwater once the plants start really growing.

Just frustrating.

Posted Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:33 pm

I walked the pond recently and it looked like a great place to fish. I saw several people out but they all said that they didnt catch anything. I was at Houghton pond on Sunday and Monday and had no luck there either. I am going to try Ames pond in Stoughton later on today.

It weedy but I caught a few things there this year.

Posted Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:04 pm

I've never fished Jamaica but I've seen some pretty nice ones come out of there. I'll take a rocky pond full of logs any day!

Posted Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:41 am

I caught my PB rainbow from Jamiaca Pond. You're right it does eat up lures. You just can't slow roll anything that's not weedless. My best day has been off a worm 18 inches off the bottom between the island and shore on the East side. My fastest catches come from a 1/4 oz Thomas Buyoant Cyclone Spoon in a rainbow hollographic pattern. My Gfs brother has pulled some monster brown and rainbow out of there as well on the eastern shore about 200 yards north of the boat house.

Posted Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:46 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links