No lie. This was the craziest thing ever. I have pictures, although I suppose they wouldn't confirm that it was on the Charles.

Posted Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:56 pm

not that hard to believe, I have seen trout in Mystic lakes and river. Just needs a stream coming from a trout source and some rain.

Posted Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:18 pm

They do stock parts of the Charles with trout.

Posted Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:02 pm

Nice pull, listen I have no interest in catching rainbows on the charles, I'm purely a bass guy , but for the life of me I'm curious as to where you caught this rainbow. I solemly swear I will not fish there or blow up your spot, i am simply fanscinated with the fact that a rainbow could survive in certain parts of the river. Please, enlighten me!!!!

Posted Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:51 am

They stock it in Millis,natick and Norfolk among other places so not as uncommon as one would think.

Posted Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:38 am

If said rainbow was caught in watertown, waltham, or newton, it would be exceptionally uncommon, especially in parts of the river like the lakes region in Waltham where the water is slow moving and choked with weeds in midsummer. I have seen some nasty shizz in the backs of some of the coves kayaking there, as well as people dumping unknown piles of crud from landscaping trucks there...Not good

Posted Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:40 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links