Does anybody know if landlocked salmon are running in the Quinapoxet or the Stillwater rivers? From what I understand, the will run up the mouth of the Quinnie and travel up the Stillwater? And they're running now? Or am I too late?

I've heard a lot about this, but have never given it a shot. Its a lot closer than the Salmon River, NY Very Happy

Any tips would be much appreciated!

Posted Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:45 pm

Does anyone know anything about this?!

Posted Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:13 pm

Honestly none sits in front of keyboard knows for sure. It is time to go there find out yourself. The rain helps the river salmon fishing. The time is right, they should be around in the river. There is no comparison with NY salmon fishing. You catch a 4LB salmon is very good. In NY, they are talking about 30,40,50 LB king salmon.

Posted Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:57 pm

Thanks for the start. Its just 2 hours from my house, and it's not worth the trip if thee aren't any salmon there. I'll give it a shot.

Posted Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:55 pm

No, they arent in river yet. save your time for somewhere.

Posted Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:10 am

Thanks for warning me. Do you know when they'll be in the river?

Posted Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:06 pm

TeamTrout- in general it is a good idea to keep an eye on the water flow levels. You can find these out pretty easy if you search around a bit. I'm being intentionally vague to not serve it up for the lazy.

If you are really curious due to your long drive I'll let you know when there are fish in the river with a PM. I spend a LOT of time out there, and the surrounding waters. I was there today. After spending a lot of time doing my homework it kills me when someone broadcasts the run or other good spots to the world for everyone to see who are too lazy to do their homework. I won't spot burn or make it easy.

In general to all, please remember and respect that these are wild, spawning fish. I see people abusing them every year, and taking hens off of reds to eat, and it always bothers me. If there was ever a river in Central MA that should be C&R during the fall it is this one. Leave them alone if they are on a red, and return them safely to the water so that they can make more salmon. You can reward yourself by taking a fish on the res when they aren't spawning later on. Please let them make more fish now, and don't broadcast this run to the world. If people want to know about it make please them figure it out on their own.

Posted Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:19 pm

its a 1.30 min from my house! that place is awesome! if no salmon bring your light saltwater tackle and fish spoons on bottom for lakers!

the river gets POUNDED!!!! if you do hook up. please please realese your catch! these are a very rare gem in MA

Posted Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:07 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links