Just went to Dicks sporting goods this am to get my FW license and my salt permit. Man, $47 later. $27.50 for FW lic, $10 for Salt permit, State tax and $4 handling fees(?). I remember paying $8 for a FW license when I was a kid.
This got me thinking. Where do the licensing fees and stamp fees and additional tax on sporting goods go? It seems that the more we pay, the less rights we have to our natural resources. I understand a large portion of the money goes to conservation but I'm thinking something else that they don't want us to know. Anyone else wondering too?

Posted Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:37 am

Its $37.50 for non resident plus a $2.00 fee for getting my MA freshwater license online. In RI, a resident freshwater license was $9.50 forever. Then one year it just went up to $18. Just like that. The kicker is they really don't put any money back into the freshwater bodies of water, it mostly goes to saltwater. If you look at the boat ramps in RI you will know what I mean. Most freshwater ramps are just dirt, there MAY be some cement blocks. But all the saltwater ramps are clean, cemented, smooth, they all have nice docks and parking lots.

Posted Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:13 pm

We really need to start looking at this. The commercial fishermen are pissing and moaning about how the recreational fishermen are ruining their livelihood. So all of a sudden we are getting slammed with restrictions and higher fees. I smell a big frigging Union Rat, or Union Rats.

Posted Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:05 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links