What lures are attracting big bass? I hear jigs and rats... any others?

Posted Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:26 pm

"Big" swimbaits. Very expensive and requires a heavy setup. That type of fishing is not for everyone! Laughing

Posted Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:12 am

senkos!

Posted Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:57 pm

stump

senkos!

never caught a big bass on a senko!
i use senkos for numbers or when nothing else is working!

i got other lures to catch big bass on

Posted Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:03 pm

Senkos can catch some big fish every now and then, but its a matter of sorting through dozens of small ones.

As was previously stated, big swimbaits are where its at for lunkers. My top producing bait for 5+ pound bass is my 7 inch rainbow trout swimbait, like what they do out west. It works here too! Fish it with heavy gear in a large reservoir or pond, like Walden or Horn Pond, and catch some slabs!

Posted Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:44 pm

teamtrout

Senkos can catch some big fish every now and then, but its a matter of sorting through dozens of small ones.

As was previously stated, big swimbaits are where its at for lunkers. My top producing bait for 5+ pound bass is my 7 inch rainbow trout swimbait, like what they do out west. It works here too! Fish it with heavy gear in a large reservoir or pond, like Walden or Horn Pond, and catch some slabs!

Agreed! You need to weed through the small ones! So if your fishin a small pond with a few large bass but mostly 1-2lbser! Your going to catch those 1-2lbser!

Bigger lakes you'll do better for bigger bass with Senkos!

If you truly want big bass go big with big swim baits!

I didn't make the switch! Cuz I don't mind catching a 2lbser!
I still get the big bass!

Posted Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:06 am

If you still want to catch 2lbser but still have a legit chance of a big bass! I'd use jigs, frogs and punch thick mats

Posted Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:07 am

skirted creature bait Texas rig (slither rig) !! Same thing as a jig but can be used in the sloppiest , thickest weeds/mats that jigs can't get thru.

Posted Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:14 am

jamesd

skirted creature bait Texas rig (slither rig) !! Same thing as a jig but can be used in the sloppiest , thickest weeds/mats that jigs can't get thru.

I like throwing that rig too.

Had two fish over 5lb this year, one on a chatterbait and the other on a frog.

Posted Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:08 am

The chatter bait is an awesome lure for big bass!

Posted Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:48 pm

Anyone liking cranks this time of year for big bass? Ive been catching a ton of bass with this one 10ft crank. My biggest this year is only 3lbs but i got it with that crank.

Posted Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:03 pm

indk617

Anyone liking cranks this time of year for big bass? Ive been catching a ton of bass with this one 10ft crank. My biggest this year is only 3lbs but i got it with that crank.

i love cranking man. ive caught a 5lber even, 2- 4s, few 3s and plenty of smaller ones.

i just started cranking in the middle of the season and it paid off big time.

Posted Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:11 am

I've done pretty well this year with cranks in really deep water. Also, a really big, long jerkbait is a good lure for the upcoming fall. Big bass always hammer 'em fished a few feet down, right as the temp starts to drop.

Posted Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:35 am

i got a ton of cranks most are square bills and dive to 4 feet!

are they really that good?? should i use em more?

i bring em but never use em! i always use plastics or fish bottom

Posted Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:25 am

Bassturds - crank bait works right now. USE them now!

Posted Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:41 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links