Dudley Pond will be the location of our eighth event. Word is its recently been treated so the weeds and pads have been affected. Good thing is, the fish are apparently still biting.

Parking might be an issue if we get a lot of entrants, at which point I’ll make this a roadrunner event and post some alternate launch points.

This tournament is open only to those fishing from human-powered vessels (kayak, canoe, raft, etc.).

Launch Location: https://goo.gl/maps/VBfcAB3GVW92 (50 Dudley Road, Wayland, MA)

Check-in: 4:30–5:30 AM

Captain’s Meeting: 5:30 AM

Tournament Hours: 6 AM to 2 PM

Entry Fee: $50

This and all MAKB tournaments are CPR (catch, photo, release) events. You MUST have a digital camera to compete, preferably a cell phone with Internet access. We go by length, not weight, so you need a Hawg Trough or similar measuring device.

As always, if you plan to fish, please go to the event page (linked below) and click GOING (or just reply to this thread if you do not have a Facebook page). If you know anyone who might be interested, please share this link:

https://www.facebook.com/events/490427201149479

See next reply for official rules.

Hope to see you there!

Posted Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:10 pm

Welcome to the Massachusetts Kayak Bassin’ Tournament Series! Our inaugural season will consist of ten individual tournaments. Please join us for some great, competitive events!

PARTICIPATION AND ELIGIBILITY

a. All anglers must fish from human-powered vessels (kayaks, canoes, inflatable rafts, etc.) unless a physical disability requires the use of an electric motor (max 70lb thrust).

b. Each angler must pay a minimum entry fee of $50 per event (some events will have an optional $10 smallmouth lunker pool).

FORMAT

a. This is a five-fish limit, CPR (catch, photo, release) tournament series.

b. Each tournament will be 8 hours long, weather permitting.

c. Eligible fishing areas will be listed on the event page and gone over prior to the start of each tournament

d. No pre-fishing allowed two days prior to each event.

e. Artificial lures only, no exceptions.

ELIGIBLE SPECIES

a. Largemouth Bass

b. Smallmouth Bass

SCORING

a. The default unit of measurement is length, no exceptions. All fish will be rounded DOWN to the nearest quarter inch.

b. Highest aggregate length wins.

c. Minimum length for a bass is 8 inches.

d. In the case of a tie, the tie-breaker goes to the person with the longest fish. In the case of a tie for longest, the tie-breaker will then be the next longest fish, etc.

EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS

a. These are CPR (catch, photo, release) tournaments. A digital camera is required equipment.

b. You will need a Hawg Trough or equivalent (no flat measuring boards). See the Files section of this page for purchase links to acceptable measuring boards.

c. The numbers and lines on your measuring board must be black (or sufficiently darkened to contrast with the board) and clearly visible in each photo.

d. A PFD (i.e. life vest) must be worn at ALL times.

PHOTO REQUIREMENTS

a. Each angler will be given a unique identifier at registration, which must be clearly visible in each photograph.

b. All fish must be photographed facing left, dorsal fin up (the dorsal fin does not need to be in the up position).
c. Photographs must be taken from an angle close to directly above the fish. Photographs taken at a more severe angle are subject to deductions.

d. The bass’s mouth can be open no more than one inch and must be touching the measuring board’s “lip” or “fence.”
e. You may use your fingers to pinch the mouth closed as long as the fish’s eye is visible and you can clearly see that the lip is touching the “lip” of the board.

f. Any bass whose mouth is open more than one inch will result in a half-inch deduction.

g. Tails must be relaxed, centered, and not excessively pinched.

h. Your kayak (or canoe, raft, etc.) must be visible in all photographs.

i. You may restrain your fish with a clip or fish grips (side of the mouth ONLY), or leave the hook in the fish’s mouth (though this is potentially dangerous and not recommended).

PAYOUTS

a. A minimum of two places plus lunker(s) will be paid out.

b. Example of Payouts (based on 10 anglers and a pool of $500):

1st Place: $200
2nd Place: $120
3rd Place: $80
Lunker: $100

If you have any further questions, please ask.

Posted Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:11 pm

Bump!

Posted Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:57 am

Kenwood....for Dudley tourney this Saturday you can have the guys all park at the far side of the lot at The Dudley Chateau Bar in Wayland. The launch is right there. My buddy Kenny Phillips owns the Bar and has no problem with MAFF Yakers parking there. Try to pop in for a beer/burger post tourney if you all can....one of best burgers in Metro West. I will tell him a crew might be by....mention my name if you go there.
I am going to try and join tourney as well.
Have fun.
Mike Lynch

Posted Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:24 pm

fishngolf

Kenwood....for Dudley tourney this Saturday you can have the guys all park at the far side of the lot at The Dudley Chateau Bar in Wayland. The launch is right there. My buddy Kenny Phillips owns the Bar and has no problem with MAFF Yakers parking there. Try to pop in for a beer/burger post tourney if you all can....one of best burgers in Metro West. I will tell him a crew might be by....mention my name if you go there.
I am going to try and join tourney as well.
Have fun.
Mike Lynch

Sounds good! I will definitely try to get some of us to stop in. =)

Posted Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:04 pm

We've got 14 signed up. Gonna be a good turnout. Still room for more. Weather is looking good! =)

Posted Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:26 pm

Wish I could make it but I'll be away. Good Luck!

Posted Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:16 pm

Results/report:

Dudley Pond is in the can!

We had 12 anglers today for the eighth stop on this year's trail. The weather was good and the fish were biting. Everyone caught bass, on all kinds of different baits, and nearly everyone had a limit. Unfortunately for most of us, the fish weren't very big.

Overall, 58 bass were submitted, with a grand total length of 818.75 inches.

I caught fish all day, at least two dozen, probably more, but my biggest was a measly 15.25 inches. I just couldn't find anything bigger. I did hook up with a decent one, about 3.5lb, but she came unbuttoned. Sad

Troy Brown and Domenic Eno caught the biggest fish of the day, both hauling in a fat 21-inch largemouth, with the tie-breaker for lunker ultimately going to Dom. He took third place as well with his biggest five going 73.25 inches.

Second place went to Bruce "Bam Thebassman" Levy, who had a solid 78.25 inches of bass. A nice little comeback after a rough start.

And then there was Edmar Junior, who said he had maybe a 15% chance of winning because, as he said-complained-whined (Wink), in the seven times he'd been to Dudley, he never caught anything bigger than a 2.5-pounder. Well, that experience paid off, and his 79.75 inches of bass got him first place, a fat wad of cash, and a sexy trophy.

His first ever tournament win! Congrats, sir.

And congrats to Dom and Bruce! And Troy! Smile

Thanks again to all who came out today, especially the first timers! Great meeting you, Dave and Joseph! Hope you join us again.

Next tournament is in three weeks, September 17, at the Nip. Smile

https://www.facebook.com/events/826874930790757

Posted Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:02 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links