There is a proposal before the Board of Selectmen to close Morton Park to non residents because of overcrowding, trash issues, etc. They will be acting on this next month. I haven't seen the particulars, if it is just for the summer months and what effect it will have on fishing Little Pond and Billington Sea. If it is just for the summer then it is no big loss since they charge a $25 park admission.

Posted Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:01 pm

I used too fish Billington Sea a lot with my bro inlaw on his bassboat because it was so close,has good Largemouth and some Smallmouth. Since they enacted the parking fee crap I haven't fished there and I don't miss it at all!

Posted Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:42 pm

its all the foreigners that go there withe 20 damn people and blast there latino music. they trash the place! i wont touch that place with a 100 foot pole in the summer! its gross and annoying!

Posted Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:08 am

each beach on that place has 20 or so latinos. it sucks

Posted Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:09 am

Anyone been down here recently to fish Billington or Little? Was just wondering if they are still charging to park. Question

Posted Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:30 am

Pretty sure they charge until Labor Day.

Posted Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:39 am

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. A lot of places stop collecting when the kids that do the collecting go back to school. Want to get back in there! Laughing

Posted Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:19 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links