"Get Hooked on Massachusetts"

Free Member Sign Up!
Already a Member? Login Here.
Add to Favorites

MA Fish Finder Forum Index
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 

Mt. Hope Bay to Taunton River fishing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MA Fish Finder Forum Index -> Striped Bass Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tobin
Baitfish Rank

Total Points: 1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:45 am    Post subject: Mt. Hope Bay to Taunton River fishing Reply with quote

Hey Everyone,

I just moved from Plymouth and I am new to the area, I am looking for some places to drop some line from Battleship cove up to Shepards cove in Assonet. I can bike to Shepards cove, but fear the water may be too brackish, I don't know yet. I have only been here a week and will need to go check for myself.

Anyone know some good spots and tide times to drop a line on the fall river side of the Taunton river? Or if there may be some better spots with a little bit longer of a ride? I work in Bristol so anywhere to drop a line there would be great advice as well.

Thanks boys,
Keep 'em Tight

Tim
inkslinger
Smallmouth Rank

Total Points: 275

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have not try yet but like too soon . There are like 5 boat ramps on the Taunton River if you have a Yak. My son an I have 1 ea. We do more freshwater with them but took them out on Shepards cove in Assonet boat ramp didn't catch any thing good . I did play around with some school fish {don't know the name} my son told me the name they were in big schools eating algae I think , I was snagging them with treble hooks.

http://maps.env.state.ma.us/dfg/fba/index.htm?FBA_ID=3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MA Fish Finder Forum Index -> Striped Bass Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: