I'm new to the area and in some dire need to go fishing. I don't care what I go after but I prefer bass. I currently live in Georgetown. Any suggestions on good places I can get to easily and have a good time fishing from shore? Any tips appreciated.

Posted Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:57 am

Google maps around your area and go check them out. Trial and error is the best way.

Posted Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:40 pm

fuzzbart

I'm new to the area and in some dire need to go fishing. I don't care what I go after but I prefer bass. I currently live in Georgetown. Any suggestions on good places I can get to easily and have a good time fishing from shore? Any tips appreciated.

Where were you before you got to Georgetown?? When I decided to fire up the fishin' hobby again, I found this site. Between the "Map View" on here and reading about the locations and trips, I really learned a lot. I use Google Earth to check out the places to locate boat ramps or other possible points of access to get my kayak in the water.

Posted Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:25 pm

Do you like surf fishing? If so, there are some prime striper spots not too far from you, and the fish should start arriving late next month. Last year was a slow striper year, but I still had lots of fun.

Posted Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:19 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links