Looking for any place that gives action from the shore on the northshore (live in peabody). I have a small boat but right now am looking to combine some hiking with fishing.

I'd like someplace that's easy to park, even if the actual water might be a bit of a walk. I've been hitting Harold Parker just because it's so easy to get to and park and offers some nice trails but only caught a couple 1 pounders the first time and nothing at all the second time. Today I tried Bakers Meadow in Andover and it's in a beautiful location with a ton of pad cover but had no luck from around 4-8PM.

I'm not looking for anybody's honey hole with huge lunkers, just consistent largemouth action even if they are small. Any tips would be great. Thanks!!

Posted Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:45 pm

being a newbie to the site, don't expect a lot of input. you are in Peabody. Go to City Hall at the mayor's office and get a permit for Spring pond. there is also Brown's pond. Flax Pond in Lynn has a lot of public access.

Posted Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:17 am

ive been to flax pond, dont waste your time. that place gets very deep and ive never had much luck there. ive heard great things about spring pond though.

Posted Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:59 am

rdhammah

being a newbie to the site, don't expect a lot of input. you are in Peabody. Go to City Hall at the mayor's office and get a permit for Spring pond. there is also Brown's pond. Flax Pond in Lynn has a lot of public access.

Everybody was a newbie at some point!!

Thanks for the tips, not quite sure what you mean about spring pond, is this closed for fishing unless you get a special permit? I don't want to march into city hall not having any idea what I'm talking about.

Posted Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:27 pm

enogueira

ive been to flax pond, dont waste your time. that place gets very deep and ive never had much luck there. ive heard great things about spring pond though.

I've never had much luck at flax either, though it's been a few years. Thanks for the input.

Posted Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:30 pm

just use google maps and pick out some spots to try.

Posted Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:50 pm

kman

just use google maps and pick out some spots to try.

I've been doing that to hone in on suggested places, but it's tough to pick random ones because there's no way to tell depth, vegetation, access, etc. not that I'm picky, but I don't want to waste too many trips to someplace that looks great from above but ends up unfishable.

Posted Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:55 pm

If your gonna fish from shore and want to do some hiking as well just go to Spot Pond in Stoneham. THere is a path that goes all the way around the pond.

Posted Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:56 pm

sometimes its the places that are not suggested that are the best spots. the google satellite view is from summer, so use that to tell how choked out spots are.

Posted Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:57 pm

jamesd

If your gonna fish from shore and want to do some hiking as well just go to Spot Pond in Stoneham. THere is a path that goes all the way around the pond.

I was looking into that one yesterday, saw that they had camps and boat rentals and such, didn't look great from the shore. But I didn't know about the trails, so I'll absolutely check this out. Thanks!

Posted Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:14 pm

the boat rental area is one small area, dont think there is any camping. Tons of shore access at Spot. You wont get a lot of action at Spot, but if you put in your time, the ones you do get will be quality. HUGE monster bass in there. Good luck, you will need it.

Posted Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:51 pm

kman

the boat rental area is one small area, dont think there is any camping. Tons of shore access at Spot. You wont get a lot of action at Spot, but if you put in your time, the ones you do get will be quality. HUGE monster bass in there. Good luck, you will need it.

Appreciate it

Posted Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:58 pm

YOu can also try Wrights Pond down the street from Spot Pond in Medford. Parking is off Elm Street. THere are trails there around the whole pond as well and the fishing is a lot easier than Spot.

Posted Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:02 pm

jamesd

YOu can also try Wrights Pond down the street from Spot Pond in Medford. Parking is off Elm Street. THere are trails there around the whole pond as well and the fishing is a lot easier than Spot.

That sounds really good, I'll check it out on google...and thanks so much for mentioning parking that's always a huge help!

Posted Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:42 pm

I've heard good things about Dark Hollow Pond across the highway from Spot as well... though I've also heard it's a sketchy place. (Gay cruising... there are reports of that on this site: https://www.google.com/search?q=gay+cruising&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS602US602&oq=gay+cruising&aqs=chrome..69i57.999j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8#q=gay+cruising+site:mafishfinder.com )

Posted Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:17 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links