Anyone know of open water down the cape? Prob a stupid question but its worth a shot to ask.

Posted Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:22 am

No, not that I'm aware of. They are still iced..

Posted Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:20 pm

nope! maybe a river! but good luck with that!!! your going to have to wait !

Posted Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:48 pm

I started looking around but I know it's worthless. The muddy river in brookline is about it lol

Posted Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:38 pm

I've seen a few locations in Pembroke, and Hanson with random soft spots, and some spots like East Mopo has about a 200 foot wide section of open water. I drive by it quite a bit, and you can see all the geese and ducks all gathered up on the edge of the ice and swimming around in the open water.

Posted Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:36 pm

oh wow?? worth going out and casting??

Posted Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:12 am

j-blu

Anyone know of open water down the cape? Prob a stupid question but its worth a shot to ask.

I'm hoping for April! Evil or Very Mad

Posted Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:30 pm

I hoping it comes soon.... bank account can't handle much more catalog fishing, but Oh, when the ice is gone - I'll be gone slinging the new stuff!!

Posted Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:18 pm

March 20 was my first time out last year. Could be later this year!

Posted Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:12 pm

bassturds

oh wow?? worth going out and casting??

Nope, the open water area at Mopo is pretty far out, I'd say a good 40-50 yards from the rocks/road. It's pretty cool to see it though, there's been holdover Canadian geese, and ducks gathering around it all winter.

Posted Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:03 pm

Bassturds - nope, i fished there with my homemade wakebait. extremely small part of open water.. probably 20-25 yds straight with 5 yds wide. while rest of lake is full of ice.

Posted Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:56 pm

fdw9652

I hoping it comes soon.... bank account can't handle much more catalog fishing, but Oh, when the ice is gone - I'll be gone slinging the new stuff!!

LOL I hear that, I shouldn't need anything this summer. All stocked up waiting to go ! Laughing

Posted Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:40 pm

stump

fdw9652

LOL I hear that, I shouldn't need anything this summer. All stocked up waiting to go ! Laughing

There you go!

Posted Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:07 pm

thank god im single and kid less and have a job!! im loving buying all these kickass baits!!!

ive spent sooooooooooo much money this winter!

I NEED OPEN WATER!!!!!

Posted Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:23 pm

bassturds

thank god im single and kid less and have a job!! im loving buying all these kickass baits!!!

ive spent sooooooooooo much money this winter!

I NEED OPEN WATER!!!!!

Enjoy it while its last !

Posted Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:32 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links