Any open water in the Hudson, Sudbury, Worcester areas?
I have Monday off and plan to fight the weather and get out!

Bank fishing or small boat if possible.

Posted Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:36 pm

i dont know about that area! i will be open water fishing this weekend,.

Posted Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:49 pm

Out in that area you will have to fish the rivers. Plymouth and south of should be open with the help of the wind!

Posted Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:49 pm

Sudbury ponds are all frozen over, I am pretty sure that the rivers in that area (Assabet, and Sudbury) should be open.

Posted Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:24 am

LOng Pond Lakeville, is still wide open went by this morn .I'm going to try to make it out friday if weather is decent

Posted Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:49 am

twitch13

LOng Pond Lakeville, is still wide open went by this morn .I'm going to try to make it out friday if weather is decent

lows in the teens all week and barely above freezing for high temps , probably will be iced over . With long pond you never know though ,if it's windy it may stay open.

Posted Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:46 am

i was getting open water fish yesterday! somewhere in MA

Posted Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:37 am

That will be it for awhile! Cape, maybe.

Posted Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:50 pm

Mid cape had 36-38* water temps last weekend. Lots of the smaller places will ice over this week. Depending on the track of the weekend storm it could be lots of rain for the cape and that might free places up again.

Posted Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:39 am

i was on water temps @42 in a big pond sunday

Posted Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:53 am

It's coming! 50's next week! Shocked

Posted Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:32 pm

I drove by Little and Long Ponds today. Both were WIDE OPEN. There were three or four kayaks on Little Pond. I saw one Bass Boat and one guy wading. Strangely enough, Billington Sea is still locked up.

Best of luck if anyone's going out tomorrow (01 February). My kayak is loaded and ready to go.

Posted Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:34 pm

That's good news Mike! Going to have to give it a shot! Not sure I have ever fished open water in Feb. Question

Posted Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:36 am

i was on open water yesterday! smaller ponds were still locked.

Posted Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:23 am

Hey Guys...I'm down on south shore on biz this AM...mite try and go by Little Pond or Long Pond late morning. Which is better for shore fishing (chest waders etc) ?
I have never fished either place.
If anyone is heading out in boat today with this weather ...would love to join up as well. PM me. Thanks. Mike

Posted Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:30 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links