Hello guys! Just joined this site a couple of days ago. Looks like it has a lot of potential, although not many are posting this time of the year. I'm too old to be getting in & out of a kayak; I do hope that other folks are welcomed too.

I don't do tournaments either, being strictly a CPR fisherman. But I've been around the block a few times and have a lot of knowledge that I'm willing to share if there is an interest here. These days I rather prefer crappie fishing, although I've been known as a respectable smallmouth fisherman as well. Drop shotting is a passion for me. And I consider the Quabbin a second home! Tried the big swimbait route as well. Not my cup of tea. Too little ROI for my enjoyment, if you know what I mean.

If it swims, I'll fish for it! And there isn't much that swims that I haven't had some degree of success with. I've never caught a bowfin though! Looking forward to that.

Anyway, I'll monitor the site for a month or so to see if anyone shows an interest in sharing information and discussing techniques. I am not looking for any spots. Too old for that stuff, but I love trying new techniques. Looking forward to some interaction. Have a GREAT Memorial Day Weekend and be safe. God Bless America!

Posted Wed May 24, 2017 10:34 am

I love the Quabbin. I've only fished out of the rentals which can be a pain and I've had some miserable days up there but I try to go at least a couple of times a year. It's almost a 2 hour drive for me. Glad to have you here. Welcome

Posted Wed May 24, 2017 5:42 pm

Another new species. Florida Gar. FL version of a pickerel. Slimy, toothy and uncooperative. First one I was able to get a picture of. 2-3 lbs.

Posted Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:27 pm

There have been several reports of a 2-3 foot gar now in Spot Pond in Stoneham, haven't seen it myself but apparently it has been seen as recently as this weekend. I'll believe it when I see it!

Posted Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:28 am

Yeah, I think there is a species of gar that live in the NE. Maybe the Great Lakes.

Posted Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:42 am

Yes, there are longnose gar in the Great Lakes as well as Lake Champlain. Also, in one episode of River Monsters, Jeremy Wade caught this one at Lake Champlain.
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/b1/0a/e2/b10ae2244a67c611ba9fd56e209ab9f1--river-monsters-sea-monsters.jpg

Posted Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:45 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links