Trout Stocking Schedule - Northeast District

Due to the heavy snow and thick ice that remains on lakes and ponds across the state, trout stocking likely will not begin until the last week of March or the first week in April, beginning with the eastern region of the state moving westward as the ice and snow melts. When stocking begins, the schedule will be updated on this page every Friday.

Posted Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:49 am

Thanks for sharing that info. I had just been wondering .

Posted Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:18 pm

Thanks for the update cpl_mc

Posted Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:58 pm

"Due to the thick ice that remains on lakes and ponds in the Central District, trout stocking will not begin until the 2nd week of April at the earliest." - Fish and Game

And the Res is probably going to open late too. Life sucks.

Posted Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:17 pm

Stocking on the Cape/Southeast District has begun!

No word on the rest of the state. Anyone have some insider info? I'm been going crazy since the ice broke and my wallet can't take any more catalog shopping Laughing

Posted Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:29 am

went down to long pond(plymouth) this past weekend and some of the locals said it was stocked with over 2000 trout this week.

Posted Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:13 pm

Yes Long Pond was stocked last week, I am taking Mon off from work to try it out.

Posted Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:09 pm

I haven't fished for trout in forever!

Posted Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:59 pm

finally northeast district has been stocked this week!
I went to whitehall reservoir and ashland reservoir last sunday and both were fully covered in ice (looked pretty thick for Ashland).
Do you guys know if they stock trouts in partially ice covered ponds or does the pond have to be fully open?

Posted Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:09 am

Yes they will n do stock ponds that still have some ice. Ash res boat ramp where they dump em in is open bot rest of res iced up but def has been stocked. My friends have caught some n they were jumpin all over the place the other night.

Posted Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:58 pm

I'm thinking about heading down to the Cape tomorrow to do some fishing for trout. Do you guys think it will be possible to catch trout from shore this time of year?

Posted Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:20 am

fisherman88

I'm thinking about heading down to the Cape tomorrow to do some fishing for trout. Do you guys think it will be possible to catch trout from shore this time of year?

You can definitely catch trout from shore now. Go for it!

Posted Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:55 pm

the best time in my opinion for trout from shore IS ice out. GOODLUCK

Posted Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:21 pm

Stocked Waters (Week April 13, 2015)
Ayer
Sandy Pond

Boston
Jamaica Pond

Boxford
Baldpate Pond, Stiles Pond

Framingham
Lake Cochituate

Franklin
Uncas Pond

Georgetown
Pentucket Pond, Rock Pond

Haverhill
Lake Pentucket, Lake Saltonstall

Lynn
Sluice Pond

Methuen
Forest Lake

Milton
Houghton’s Pond

Natick
Dug Pond

Saugus
Griswald Pond

Stoneham
Spot Pond

Wilmington
Silver Lake

Woburn
Horn Pond

Posted Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:43 am

A couple ponds in Bridgewater were stocked last week, if anyone is interested. Only a hundred or so trout per body of water, so better get there before they all go home to a grill!

Posted Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:52 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links