Will carp be around in Charles river during last week of Feburary?

Let me know.

Posted Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:00 am

Yes, you can catch them year around. I caught a 3lb carp 2 weeks ago by accident. I snagged it with a bladed bait. The same day I also snagged 3 others but didn't land them. Come catch them all! They scare all my bass away from my spots.

Posted Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:43 am

Can you post some good locations on for where to fish? I would love to go out and catch some carp... anything to get back out fishing.

What would you recommend throwing, lures or bait? What kind of lures/bait? Thanks for any help!

Posted Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:15 am

fishinbev

Can you post some good locations on for where to fish? I would love to go out and catch some carp... anything to get back out fishing.

What would you recommend throwing, lures or bait? What kind of lures/bait? Thanks for any help!

Check out my trips on my profile. I usually fish on Sundays because of free parking.

Posted Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:58 am

fishinbev - you can fish anywhere in charles river. Just need search good spot that bigger carp staying in.

Now, for the carp bait to use to get them.

Baits
-corn
-bread
-hotdog
-flies(bugs)
-doughballs

Lures (I don't know but I have been caught them on my hook)
-rapala
-spoons (very deadly lure for me to get carps if they are feeding mode)
-jigs
-popper
-fly (fly-fishing hook)

anything that has scent or stinky smell that drawn carp into your hook! I personally prefer to use corn. since easy to buy, easy to use, less messy than anything.

Now, funny story that I have been through with someone. I met one guy who fish carp for meals. He said he used doughballs that being bathed from his wife. He said wife's estrogen are very effective for attract carp! Shocked Shocked Shocked Next thing that I know, he kept consistently hooked up carp than I did on that day. But poor his wife to went through this to just stay with this guy! must be lucky guy for sure!

Posted Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:36 pm

Haha that's nuts. Thanks a ton for the advice, I'll have to try some of this out.

Posted Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:29 pm

Went to the charles... maybe I misunderstood, but pretty much the entire thing was frozen. Dropped in a few small pools and got nothin at all. Did I miss something?!

Posted Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:43 pm

Probably not around there yet. If ice is still block over entire the river. So, it is pretty fishless for sure. Unless you found some spot that have no ice around. But I wont bother at all until March or so.

Posted Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:45 pm

deaffisherman

Probably not around there yet. If ice is still block over entire the river. So, it is pretty fishless for sure. Unless you found some spot that have no ice around. But I wont bother at all until March or so.

But a few posts up somebody just said the carp are there year round.

Posted Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:25 am

yeah, that is might true. and you have to spend some time to find them. in which, most of us don't have that kind of time to search them.

I guess that they are more likely around where warm water spring or flows from factory or so. just a hint for winter carp.

Posted Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:49 am

fishinbev

deaffisherman

But a few posts up somebody just said the carp are there year round.

They are. Winter happens, mother nature will win out sometimes. Its open now, Im fishing the Lower Basin this morning. There are some Charles River Web cams that you can google search that will show if the river is frozen.

Posted Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:40 am

Do anyone fish charles river lately for carp? If you do, let me know.

Posted Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:07 am

A hot spot for carp over the years has been behind the watch factory on crescent st. they are doing some construction back there now but you can still get in, chunk up some old ham or chicken livers and grab a fat catfish as well.

Posted Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:26 am

I think I know where it is. Waltham, right?

Posted Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:11 am

oh yeah that would help, lol
yes waltham

Posted Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:37 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links