Hi there, anyone have any suggestions for a relatively easy hike not too far from the North Shore in Mass? Something with a nice view at the top perhaps, that is always rewarding.

Thanks in advance!

Posted Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:04 pm

Pack Monadnock in Miller State Park in Greenfield NH is pretty awesome. Its 1 1/2 hrs from Arlington, so its probably closer for you. Pretty good hike, not too tough, but awesome views!

Mount Monadnock is in that area too, but its a little further, and a little tougher, but definitely a really good hike. It gets kinda steep at the top, but when we went, there were all types of people hiking there, young, old and anywhere in between. You'd probably be fine if your in decent shape.

Posted Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:35 am

volume4130

Pack Monadnock in Miller State Park in Greenfield NH is pretty awesome. Its 1 1/2 hrs from Arlington, so its probably closer for you. Pretty good hike, not too tough, but awesome views!

Mount Monadnock is in that area too, but its a little further, and a little tougher, but definitely a really good hike. It gets kinda steep at the top, but when we went, there were all types of people hiking there, young, old and anywhere in between. You'd probably be fine if your in decent shape.

Thanks so much Volume, that is exactly what I was looking for. I look forward to trying out them both! I haven't been hiking in a few years so this is will be great for me and my girlfriend to try out. Our first trip we are going to try the first one you mentioned and if all goes well, we'll try the second one another time.

Posted Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:25 pm

There's a pretty cool trail in Brigadune!

Posted Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:19 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links