I will be in Andover next week (8-4 to 8-7), unfortunately without a car. Any recommendations on where I could wet a line close by?

Posted Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:41 am

Warmwater or trout?

Posted Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:06 am

I prefer to fish for trout but I'm not picky. There are not a lot of trout streams n Kentucky. I do more smallmouth fishing than trout

Posted Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:58 pm

I'll PM you tonight. Will you be staying with someone with a car or something like that, or will you have to walk?

Posted Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:38 pm

Probably walking. Staying at the whyndam in Andover. I see the Merrimack is close but that is all I know

Posted Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:55 am

Eh, sorry, forgot to PM last night. I'll just post here.

Haven't fished the area much, but seeing how close you are to the M'mack, it's worth fishing. Good numbers of most fish in there - you shuld be able to get some bass, sunfish, etc. from shore in most spots. There are good numbers of carp in there, but you need spinning gear for them probably. Some trout and salmon - don't get your hopes up lol. Very hard to catch there because there are so few.

I took a closer look and not much trout water in your area. Pretty much every pond up there has bass, sunfish, carp (a few of them), pickerel, and other typical warmwater fish. The Shawsheen has them, although it may be too far for you to get too. I've also heard of them coming off of some unstocked Merrimack tributaries.

There is a cluster of small ponds near you, possibly in walking distance. Most of them (can't be sure about all of them) have bass. I believe they are fairly nice ponds (ie. well taken care of in the facility they are in). But I'm not sure that all of them have fish anymore, you'd have to scout it out.

Sorry, that's all I know. You're so close to the Mack that it's worth a shot. You can probably run into some bass and such. Try some of the others if you have time. Good luck!

Posted Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:31 pm

Thx a lot. It is more of a business trip than a fishing trip but I hate to be unprepared. I will look into the ponds and the Mac. If I j
Happen to get a car the shawsheen. If anything interesting happens i will post back

Posted Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:43 pm

so where did you send him?

Posted Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:13 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links