Hi All,
I am finally going to have a weekend off in mid September and one October-any suggestions where I can fly fish at this time of the year. I am opened to trout and or bass.

Thanks

Caddis

Posted Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:26 am

Where are you located?

Posted Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:44 pm

Medfield

Posted Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:11 am

I'm a ways away from there so don't have allot of local knowledge but here would be my thoughts from looking at google earth for your area.
First, the Charles River is reported to have some decent bass fishing. I'd investigate access there. Looks like you have a couple of decent Largemouth ponds in your area too. Not sure what access is (or if you are wading/floating) but one of the joys of bass fishing is that they are always found bass within 10 miles of anybodies home.

If your willing to drive a bit, the western end of the Cape has some tremendous trout fishing in their kettle ponds that time of year. ( The crowds are gone too.) The state puts out a list of ponds they stock (just before Columbus day.). Some, (Ashumett pond comes to mind) have great shore access /wading and a combination of smallmouth bass and trout fishing.

hth

Posted Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:12 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links