I took the kids there two nights ago, and then again this morning with my wife.

We walked in about a mile to the Lower Pond, or Pearce Lake. I took a small UL and a small plano tackle box with a few lures to fish. I caught a small largemouth and saw quite a few sunfish.

Does anyone know if it's worth while to spend anytime fishing seriously at either of the ponds at Breakheart? The water looks very nice and clear, and just looks like there are a lot of fish in there. And like I said, I saw a good number of smaller fish, but that doesn't mean there is a good population of any big fish.

I loved the area, and it was nice to do some fishing in some actual natural surroundings for a change and not see the shoreline littered with houses, trash, or have cars driving by right around the pond.

I would love to spend more time up there hiking and fishing.

FYI, I couldnt find squat searching the site or even Google for any fishing reports on the area.

Posted Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:50 pm

I had been meaning to spend more time their this summer but only got out to fish it twice or so. Looks like it would hold some decent fish. The upper pond is quite shallow. Caught a few large mouth but nothing worth mentioning.

Posted Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:47 pm

fished upper and lower for a few hours last weekend. couple of small bass at lower.

Posted Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:35 pm

I read in a other post, older, that there are big bass in the ponds here.

I've only been once and fished for a short time while out on a wall with the wife and kids.

Ill have to check it out a few more times in the spring.

I tried spot pond the other day for a few hours, but nothing. Fished quite a few different spot ls from shore and tried half a dozen lures.

Posted Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:50 am

fished there many times years ago their are very few big bass in there the ponds are very shallow ,but if you fish it at night you can have some good action on topwater

Posted Mon May 15, 2017 7:48 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links