Hi All,

Question : My wife bought me a Venterior Portable Fish Finder, I think its about $40. I always tell her don't ever buy me fishing gear as I have what I want and if I don't I'll buy it but ..... Mad Anyways I'm thinking now that I have it maybe I'll hook it up to my kayak, my question is should I even bother. I'm not thinking its going to find me fish but maybe it can show me the bottom of the lake which would be helpful or is this just a cheap fish finder and I shouldn't waste my time?
Thanks!

Posted Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:51 pm

Yeah, I wouldn't expect much from it. But if it can show a rough image of bottom contour and gives water temp. I would at least try it out! <(((((><

Posted Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:28 am

its nice to get free stuff but look on amazon for reviews. looks like it won't tell water temperature, goes thru batteries fast, and default depth is meters which you have to change to feet every time you turn it on. but it does work.

Posted Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:21 am

Thanks Guys, and this is why your wife shouldn't be you fishing gear unless she know what she's doing. I always heard if your going to buy a fish finder buy a good one or don't buy at all.

Posted Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:46 pm

Told my wife I wanted a fish finder for Christmas was planing on buying it with her so I got what I wanted decided on the lowrance hook4x with maps to put on my kayak day I said I wanted one for Christmas she did her research like I would do before buying something and she just researched best fish finder for a kayak and ended up buying me the raymarine dragonfly 4 pro. More money then I wanted her to spend on a fish finder but my wife definitely knows I always want the best. Decided on keeping the dragon fly because it includes nautical and lake maps and only 80 bucks more then the lowrance with either the lakes card or the nautical. My wife knows me pretty well when it comes to buying something for me

Posted Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:28 am

you have good wife

Posted Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:45 pm

sometimes....

Posted Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:59 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links