Not much happening on here lately everyone hibernating already or just don't feel like posting?????

Posted Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:53 am

I think it's just hard to get out fishing right now. But I'm sure activity will pick up a bit when the ice is safe. I know I'll post more then. Smile

Posted Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:34 pm

Must. Have. Good. ICE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm dying to get out on the hardwater, the wait is killing me!

Posted Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:21 pm

Same here. I have plans to go ice fishing out in western Mass on the 21st with Charter the Berkshires. If you haven't already, I suggest that you book a group charter with them, they always put you on the fish.

Posted Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:51 pm

newenglandangler

Same here. I have plans to go ice fishing out in western Mass on the 21st with Charter the Berkshires. If you haven't already, I suggest that you book a group charter with them, they always put you on the fish.

what are you going for and what species do they put you on? I'm curious.

Posted Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:23 pm

It depends on where you go. The guide will choose a waterbody based on the weather conditions for that day. You'll often catch sunfish, perch, pickerel, and bass. Though depending on the waterbody, you may also catch trout or even pike. The guide will let you know where you're going about a week in advance.

Posted Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:02 pm

newenglandangler

It depends on where you go. The guide will choose a waterbody based on the weather conditions for that day. You'll often catch sunfish, perch, pickerel, and bass. Though depending on the waterbody, you may also catch trout or even pike. The guide will let you know where you're going about a week in advance.

I took a look at the guy's website. Seems like a pretty good deal!

Posted Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:29 pm

Yes it is. As I said before, it's always a great time out there!

Posted Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:32 pm

People also do not respond to posts! Kind of hard to keep things rolling. Rolling Eyes

Posted Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:31 am

Yeah, that seems to also be a contributing factor. But activity seems to be picking up a little bit. Heck, we're keeping it going Smile

Posted Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:35 am

I haven't been on in a while and that was mainly because I didn't get to fish much this past summer. I messed my back up at work last March and couldn't get out on the water until late July, it was a rough summer with a herniated disc.

Posted Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:50 pm

That sucks man, I'm sorry to hear about that. I hope you can get out more this year.

Posted Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:33 pm

Yeah, I'm hoping too. I was able to do a little fishing from shore but not for long. I caught 6-10 bass though when I was able to get out in July/August but I missed the pre-spawn, spawn, and most of the best summer months and my kayak was out of question for quite a while.

I'm only 28, but I have joined the bad back club a little early but I can't say enough, take care of your back. I was always conscious of it at work as I do have a very physical job, but it didn't take much to injure it.

Posted Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:52 pm

I don't ice fish so I'm patiently waiting for Spring. However, a lot of the frozen waters have melted due to the warm fronts. I might hit up Walden for some trout.

Posted Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:00 am

ditto that, getting itchy to cast !

Posted Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:24 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links