Old Schoolers killed it.

Posted Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:21 pm

To be honest, we all work too hard up here and the fishing north of Boston sucks to be fair. Been here all my life (40 years) and working 8 hours for maybe one ok fish is getting old. I just go to Florida.

Posted Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:39 pm

I Take a trip to Maine every year on Father's day weekend. Come up with us and see the huge difference in catching Bass compared to around here. And we all have a great time hanging out and having some beers.

Posted Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:39 pm

stratos1966

Old Schoolers killed it.

Shouldn't you be working on some broom sticks that hook rash easily?
Sorry wrong guy.

Posted Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:11 pm

Never give up!!

Posted Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:44 am

Still here

Posted Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:12 pm

I'm bass fishing almost everyday down here in Florida. Plenty of bass, just nothing worth reporting! Guess I could post up a few alligator pics! Laughing

Posted Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:18 am

Posted Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:44 pm

Finally caught a decent bass! 4-5 lb out of a mudhole of a retention canal. A few smaller ones also. 😃

Posted Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:07 pm

Awesome job Im jealous ! Just re-strung a pole this week, thought about fishing, ended up watching the walking dead and eating a donut instead. Winter time Laughing

Posted Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:23 pm

You guys have plenty of open water! Get out there! 😃

Posted Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:26 pm

stratos1966

Old Schoolers killed it.

Don't they do tournaments for a select few on here? That kind of turned me away from this site as well as no tournament trails. Just my 2 cents!

Posted Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:03 pm

Johnybags started oldschool. There was like 10 active members at best. Less than 10 tourneys ever. Pretty much started because the Maff trail was too popular. The personality conflicts had little to do with the trail.

James you are FB friends with almost all of the guys who did a few oldschool tournaments. So is Rich for that matter.

Its all myth, there were no secret trails. It was no different than tourneys I was invited to via PM only, basically by NEF guys.

The real reason you dont see the tournaments anymore is because they are a PITA to setup and run. anyone at any time can start them up again. I may do a few this year, they will all be open to anyone.

Posted Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:00 pm

The fact that the open tournament trials on this page died is why I feel this site lost its steam. Like I mentioned in my previous post even after the opens trials ended the old schools guys (yes Iam friends on face book with quite a few of the old school guys) did have many "old school only" tourneys. I'm not knocking that or saying it's wrong but that is why I lost interest and pretty much stopped posting here. In fact there was a low boat count for one of the old school tournies and I offered to do it with an open seat on my boat and was told it was old school only.

Posted Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:49 pm

Hmmm sorry to hear you were denied. I think Shawn and Sam can vouch for me to the fact that I suggested Mr James D be allowed to fish any tournament we did. It was 100% FOR vote. I think we just never fished again after that. Chuck, Shawn and Sam are the only guys I fish with these days.

Posted Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:13 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links