Went for a walk with my dog Jackie around Greens pond last week. I've done some Kayak fishing there before but never shore fished. Anyway there a nice path that goes around the pond, nice Island and places to fish from. But I was totally disgusted with the amount of trash along the trail for such a small pond. There's even a 55 gallon barrel at the front for trash! I decided to go back with a trash bag and do my part, places like this will have a sign on it soon saying no trespassing or keep out. Littering where you fish is like s***ing where you eat. Doesn't make much sense, bring a trash bag when you fish.

Just a reminder pick up after yourself and pick up after others!

Tight lines!

Posted Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:45 am

1 bag cleaner, beer cans, water bottles and nips. Evil or Very Mad Go Fish

Posted Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:27 pm

People plain old suck! 😶

Posted Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:36 pm

Hey Don thanks for the reply! I thought I get a little more support with this post but .... I was thinking of posting what I really thought about people who drink and fish but didn't want to deal with the back lash. people plain old suc works fine!

Thx

Posted Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:37 pm

I have cleaned up around the same old ponds over and over again. It is a losing battle, especially when the town doesn't care! 😑

Posted Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:25 pm

yup but every once in a while you just gotta clean it up because you care. Go Fish

tight lines

Posted Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:05 pm

Wow, it's been ages since I posted anything. Fishing season is coming so let's get it started. We all have to pick up where and whenever we can. It's just the responsible and right thing to do. Most of the times I'll have an empty bag with me and will pick up what I can before I get grossed out with some of the crap that I've seen over the years. Baby diapers especially drive me crazy.

Posted Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:20 pm

diapers ! that would be a 1st

Posted Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:06 pm

Yeah dude, dirty diapers and piles of garbage from the bucket brigade having fiestas on the shoreline. It's just straight out garbage and disgusting!

Posted Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:40 pm

Fishing line! Pick up as much as you can. Very dangerous for the wildlife! <((((><

Posted Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:41 am

don51

Fishing line! Pick up as much as you can. Very dangerous for the wildlife! <((((><

Always do!

Posted Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:40 pm

Be careful when picking up garbage. I always have a bag on me and was picking up garbage at the wachusett res. What I thought was a pen was a needle.

Posted Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:44 pm

dr

Be careful when picking up garbage. I always have a bag on me and was picking up garbage at the wachusett res. What I thought was a pen was a needle.

diapers, needles where the heck you guys fishen ! LOL I guess I can deal with the beer cans and water bottles.

Posted Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:02 pm

Probably a mix of some lazy fisherman or just kids boozing in the woods, but yeah that still is a problem and it sucks that it happens. I get the same feeling when I see people trash the local beaches. So stupid, no one holds themselves accountable...sad really

Posted Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:45 am

brenttheviking

Probably a mix of some lazy fisherman or just kids boozing in the woods, but yeah that still is a problem and it sucks that it happens. I get the same feeling when I see people trash the local beaches. So stupid, no one holds themselves accountable...sad really

I think your right younger kids and ignorant adults. I was once there but wasn't much of a litterer. Times have changed, my opinion is, teach your kids to be responsible and lead by example.

Posted Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:58 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links