How is everyone doing . too many pickerel in my shore spots a few decent prespawn fish. What is everyone else seeing . Thinking fish should move up on to beds within the next week or two before the next full moon
The few bass I caught were on spinner baits and drop shot outside of spawning pockets

Posted Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:06 pm

Have gotten two LMB over 3 pounds so far (including the one in my new profile photo), so I can't complain.

The water warmed up very slow in some places, I think, so the bite was off, but it's getting more consistent. I was at the Charles in Waltham last Sunday and the water in Purgatory Cove was 64 F.

Posted Tue May 02, 2017 6:46 am

Slooow, about 12 pickerel and 2 bass in the last 3 weeks. Although I've only been out a handful of times due to the weather.

Posted Tue May 02, 2017 7:58 am

bite is picking up. Caught a 4.1 yesterday on whopper plopper. Caught some in the afternoon on shallow crank bait. I have also caught a ton of pickerel this spring. Between yesterday morning and afternoon caught 17 bass. 8 in the morning and 7 afternoon.

Posted Tue May 02, 2017 7:59 am

I've been catching many pickerel this spring, too. The largemouth bite has been picking up for me the last few outings with many fat pre-spawn bass. Today, I snagged a river herring while bass fishing in the Charles River basin, which is a good sign for stripers!

Posted Sat May 06, 2017 11:02 am

fishermandave41

bite is picking up. Caught a 4.1 yesterday on whopper plopper. Caught some in the afternoon on shallow crank bait. I have also caught a ton of pickerel this spring. Between yesterday morning and afternoon caught 17 bass. 8 in the morning and 7 afternoon.

4.1, 17 bass your killing me man, I haven't caught sh*t. Water level is high and cold. I watched some video on the whopper plopper, love the action, gonna get me one. Thank you

Posted Sat May 06, 2017 3:39 pm

It's been a good year so far. SMB bite since March was very good in Plymouth & Cape Cod.

Moving to LMB waters now. Like other members, Pickerel outnumber LMB significantly.

I find water temps in most waters I fish are 57.x - 59.x.

Best SMB, LMB, and Pick this season are all north of 3 1/2 pounds.

Posted Tue May 09, 2017 8:05 pm

Just happy to be fishing! I can put up with a few pickerel for that one good bass and I've been lucky to find em! Got a nice 4 pound lmb in Myles Standish the same day they were chasing the escapees!!! Hahaha be safe out there guys!

Posted Wed May 10, 2017 11:24 am

Thursday caught a lot of small bass under 1/2lb, 2 had belly's all on Sizmic Toads an lots of crappies on road runners in the deeper waters . Over all had over 20 , I lost count on the Blue Gills an perch on spawn beds.

Posted Sat May 20, 2017 7:37 pm

It's Been one of my best springs in recent memory. I've caught a lot of quality fish in the 3-4 lb range. Larry and sally. Throw a jig and you will get them. Fished both days this weekend. Saturday was an all out fish all day type of day. Sunday was an 8 boat tourney at singetary. We didn't do great. Couldn't find the big ones but we caught a few fish. Every team had a limit. And the winners weighed in 17+ lbs. And there was a tourney there the day before. All of my fish yesterday were on a jig. Some gators were caught too

Posted Sun May 21, 2017 11:10 pm

So far I've caught 12 bass. Only small ones though, with the exception of one nice 3 pounder. Crankbaits, swimbaits, and shiners have all been doing the trick.

Posted Mon May 22, 2017 12:24 pm

Been fishing carver area like I usually do been doing very well multiple 3 ponders, 4 pounder and a 5 pounder I would post pics but don't know how lol

Posted Mon May 22, 2017 1:04 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links