Long-time lurker here,
I know plenty of people have asked before, but this site is a great platform for spreading knowledge and becoming a better fishing community. There some pretty aggressive and negative posts in the deep recesses of what once was a great site. Honestly no reason for someone to be a d-bag and start drama on a site with a sole purpose to educate and share information...
There's gotta be a way we can give MAFishFinder the rebirth it deserves! Idea

Posted Fri May 12, 2017 12:45 pm

just talk fishing tips, tricks and ask questions and they will come. everyone is still here.

Posted Fri May 12, 2017 1:33 pm

Post a fishing report! Fire things up! Idea

Posted Sat May 13, 2017 5:00 am

I blame Shawneramone and SamF > Their battle to have the most posts on the site is what did it in

Posted Tue May 16, 2017 2:17 pm

It's a forum. Old school. Hard to compete with social media sites like Facebook.

Plus the site hasn't been updated in ages. A site overhaul, integrating it with Facebook and Twitter and such, would be great. But I don't think the owner gives a s*** about it anymore.

Posted Wed May 17, 2017 1:31 pm

kenwood

It's a forum. Old school. Hard to compete with social media sites like Facebook.

Plus the site hasn't been updated in ages. A site overhaul, integrating it with Facebook and Twitter and such, would be great. But I don't think the owner gives a s*** about it anymore.

True. Even for 2011 standards this site is u-g-l-y. A lot of good ideas and features with awful execution. Wish he would hand it over to someone else... a lot could be changed and updated. Exactly the stuff I do for work/college...

Posted Wed May 17, 2017 1:40 pm

Yeah but as old as this site is, there is still a ton of info you can learn from it. I'm certainly greatful this site is around today! Just my 2 cents. Guys like me who don't post much are still around and lookin at all the posts

Posted Wed May 17, 2017 3:17 pm

Stratos drove them out

Posted Wed May 17, 2017 5:31 pm

Well, I can tell you the reason. I've been fishing for more years than a lot of folks have lived and this is the first time I've found this site! Just joined up today, so let's get it kicking! Very Happy

Posted Mon May 22, 2017 1:13 pm

Are there any other local sites anyone can recommend for MA anglers. I loved coming here and checking in to see how everyone was doing during the season, asking about different ponds....and just general fish talk I don't really get elsewhere.

Posted Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:08 am

jwo1124

Are there any other local sites anyone can recommend for MA anglers. I loved coming here and checking in to see how everyone was doing during the season, asking about different ponds....and just general fish talk I don't really get elsewhere.

i've moved to reddit... i'm more of a fly fisherman and believe it or not there's a lot of NE anglers on there (r/flyfishing) sharing trips/fish/info. they're very helpful.

Posted Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:18 am

Last edited by don51 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:42 pm

Only been on the site a couple times this year but I'm not surprised by its demise. Once the tourneys stopped it seemed to
Lose its appeal to many. And then there was the troll who harassed every member on a daily basis and the site didn't do enough to police it.

Posted Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:48 pm

don. Hope you are having a good time in Florida. I've only used the ice gear I bought from you once!!!

Posted Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:51 pm

PM sent.

Posted Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:56 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links