my son is thinking about renting a house for a week on wachusett lake has it's own boat ramp is there good bassin there any info would be appreciated

Posted Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:24 am

Al.... Where is wachusett Lake ?

Posted Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:09 pm

Wow I found it, never knew it existed

Posted Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:19 pm

curious how it plays out weedy, clear,rocky or what give me some info thanks

Posted Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:50 pm

Most of gates have rocky bottoms. There are sparse of weeds in waschusetts. Depend where you are.

For example, gate 14 is called scar hill. One of popular spot for everyone to go to. Due to easier access. It has few dropoff edge in there. If you walk past the bend point, after the shallow flat, you will find bunch of weeds. Not many people would fish that far.

Posted Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:30 pm

the guy we are renting the house says I can put my boat in there he has a ramp on the side of his house no hp limit or size limit what is the deal should I call the state?

Posted Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:16 am

Hmmm...interesting. ...never heard of it.....even searches only bring up the reservoir. ...which has only shore fishing.

Posted Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:32 am

Hell no. Dont bring any kind of boat in waschusetts orwise you will have swats and police allover you. Trust me, i have personally seen one young kid bring in canoe and helicopter was show up outwhere. Yelled to this kid to get out. Then processed to arrested him.

I think you might be confused with another lake called wequaquet lake in cape cod? This place is have waterfront with no hp limit. Has boat ramp too.

Waschusetts lake is in central Massachusetts. There is definitely no waterfront house in there. I walked whole every inch of that reservior. Plus, no boat allowed.

Posted Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:17 pm

Wequaquet lake is definitely great bass fishery in there. Host regularly weekend bass tournaments. This place get pounded hard. But great quality of fish if you can find them.

Posted Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:20 pm

just found it was Wyman lake not Wachusett so good to go any info on Wyman?

Posted Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:39 am

[img]

Quick search on internet. Found one good post about them. Since i never fish there nor heard of that lake before. So good luck. [/img]

Posted Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:49 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links