Just got back from spot pond , I didn't have a lot of time then spent a good deal of it getting out a massive bird nest parked at Flynn rink and fished along the south bank . There was a good amount of people fishing live bait I didn't see anybody catch anything I used a swim bait , jitter bug , and a cheap frog , no luck only saw two bait fish swimming around the rocks it'll probably be better during the work week there were a good amount of people on the shore and in kayaks fishing . You Cannot bring your own kayak in spot pond and I heard it was expensive to rent one from the place by the zoo I'll be back here during the week and see if it's any better i've heard people caught big fish here

Posted Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:09 pm

I'd like to get back to spot before winter. We had one decent day fishing with shiners last year. We caught a handful of small smallmouth.

I've read reports here and there of big bass, and I've read it gets stocked with trout.

I've only caught one fish on a lure there. And aside from that, just a couple on bait. Very tough fishing there.

I've seen a youtube video of a couple of kids who rent a row boat, and troll crankbaits. They were catching nice numbers of big bass.

I thibk in waters like that, bass don't really relate to the shoreline, they are gonna suspend and school up and chase the bait fish.

Posted Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:50 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links